VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Amateur VHS Capturer
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there, I wish to capture VHS with my GV-USB2 cable via OBS Software, then use Hybrid to apply deinterlacing and other features to the captured video file.

Is there a way to disable deinterlacing through the GV-USB2 cable? I'm struggling with this. All I seem to be able to get is progressive video. Is it possible to to capture lossless video through the GV-USB2 without deinterlacing, denoising, resizing, etc?

Thank you for any advice!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Disable Deinterlacing? Right-click on the GV-USB2 in Sources and choose "Disable". I've never actually tried that.

[Attachment 79971 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  3. Amateur VHS Capturer
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, thanks for the reply! Sorry, I should have been more clear.

I knew how to turn off deinterlacing in OBS - what I mean is that I need to disable it within the GV-USB2 itself:
    In OBS, when I open "Properties" for the GV-USB2 cable, and click "Configure Video," it gives me options for deinterlacing within the GV-USB2. But it doesn't seem to give me the option to disable deinterlacing entirely and capture the untouched interlaced video. See attached image:

[Attachment 80029 - Click to enlarge]

The reason I want to capture it without deinterlacing applied is because deinterlacing and filtering in general normally should be done after capturing, since proper filtering usually can't be done in real time. So I'm hoping to capture the completely unfiltered/interlaced video via the GV-USB2 cable through OBS, and then process the captured video through Hybrid in order to apply deinterlacing and other necessary filters.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	GV-USB2 deinterlace options.JPG
Views:	7
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	80028  

Last edited by Casey Stelken; 19th Jun 2024 at 09:11.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Captures & Restoration lollo's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Just switch to AmarecTV 310 and capture YUV 4:2:2 lossless interlaced, Y/C preferably.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Casey Stelken View Post
    The reason I want to capture it without deinterlacing applied is because deinterlacing and filtering in general normally should be done after capturing,
    So first you should ditch OBS.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Casey Stelken View Post
    I need to disable it within the GV-USB2 itself:
    In OBS, when I open "Properties" for the GV-USB2 cable, and click "Configure Video," it gives me options for deinterlacing within the GV-USB2. But it doesn't seem to give me the option to disable deinterlacing entirely and capture the untouched interlaced video.
    "Weave" is the setting you want.
    Quote Quote