VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    1. I ripped a commercial, pre-recorded DVD (6.63 GB) with AnyDVD. It went fine. No problem at all, as usual.
    2. For the copy, the blank disc I only use is Verbatim. This one is DVD+R DL (8.5 GB, 8 X).
    3. I tried several times with two different software: Nero and 1 Click DVD Copy. Neither one ever gave me a problem before.
    4. I tried with three different burners: Pioneer (portable), the new Matshita BD-MLT UJ240ES (portable) and GU90N (internal).
    5. Yesterday, the burning process failed four times, each time with a new blank DVD at 4x speed. The error message was:
    “Could not perform end of Disc-at-once
    Burn process failed at 4x (5,540 KB/s)”.
    6. Today, it was a different story. Doing the same thing I did yesterday, I finally made a copy although Nero gave me 16 “Read error” messages.
    7. Nevertheless, the copy plays perfectly fine either on my PC or my standalone player connected to the TV set after losing so much time and effort.

If I got similar responses with 3 different burners and 2 different software for burning, using 4 different blank discs,
    what or where is the problem?

My OS is Windows 11

Attached please find the log for the last try.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	NERO EVENTS LOG.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	77129  

Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Did you rip to ISO or video_ts folder?

Read errors during the verification stage would mean the program is not able to get a good compare of the sectors on the
    optical disk and the source files on the HDD/SSD
    Last edited by davexnet; 19th Feb 2024 at 16:53.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like the discs were at fault,try burning with imgburn next time,it's the most recommended burning program here.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I ripped to VIDEO_TS.

I love ImgBurn because I rarely burn CDs. So no much experience burning CDs. Must of the time I burn blu-ray discs and always use ImgBurn. In fact, I burned a blu-ray from another spindle (50 GB) with ImgBurn and it was perfect.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I ripped te original CD to ISO against all warnings from AnyDVD. Then I burned the ISO with ImgBun against the long, explicit warning from ImgBurn. Well, I got a perfect copy, using one of the two blanc discs that we considered as a possibility that it was at fault.

This is a new learning for me and a new alternative way to burn CDs.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Marcial View Post
    I ripped te original CD to ISO against all warnings from AnyDVD. Then I burned the ISO with ImgBun against the long, explicit warning from ImgBurn. Well, I got a perfect copy, using one of the two blanc discs that we considered as a possibility that it was at fault.

This is a new learning for me and a new alternative way to burn CDs.
    That's good, but I'm interested, what exactly did the warnings say ?

I've never seen IMGburn give a warning when burning an ISO - something about the layer break ?
    Quote Quote