VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi
    I would like to find a DVD menu creation software where you can create your own DVD menu, and you can use your own images as background, not just the template ones. Also, it needs to be free, and without a watermark. Can someone please help me?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    avs2dvd, havent used it in ages but it does what you want, if you have already compliant dvd video/audio files it will do everything from creating menu, dvd structure, burning dvd etc, dvdstyler is also a good choice.

if you want something more powerfull and have the time to learn it you can use dvd lab pro, it has a 1 month fully functional trial.
    I love it when a plan comes together!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    AVStoDVD is easy to use and can create menuless DVDs and DVDs with basic DVD menus. AVStoDVD can re-encode video and audio to fit on a single layer DVD or dual layer DVD.

There is another free option for DVD authoring, DVDStyler, that also allows creating more complex menus, although using it requires more knowledge.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 2nd Jul 2023 at 15:50.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVDstyler is free, as is AVStoDVD

I use AVStoDVD and have been for a good few years, the menu system can be a bit fussy sometimes but virtually everything is editable from the background to the fonts, spacing, thumbnails, backgrounds, buttons, almost all via the menu system without any editing of awkward options and you can see exactly what the menu would look like on DVD

Neither have been updated for a couple of years, BUT they still work. I'm using Windows 11 and it still works fine from Windows XP to Windows 11

I've also use AviSynth+ latest releases, plus I use the latest version of MKVToolnix and latest 32-bit compiles of FFMPEG (64 bit FFMPEG WILL NOT WORK). to keep things updated

If you just want a menu editor, try DVDStyler first

AVStoDVD is a good bit of software and pretty much point and click conversion and DVD creation, but uses AviSynth to encode. If want very powerful (and a bit complex) restoration encoding software, That's another huge forum on its own but can achieve very good results

https://codecpack.co/download/AVStoDVD.html
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mr. Computer Geek dannyboy48888's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    In Windows there's avs2dvd, dvdstyler, and gui for DVD author. I've used all 3 and each have their strengths. In Linux dvdstyler is all I use as the other 2 don't work even with wine. All 3 will make a DVD menu for free. If your doing non standard stuff like 480x480, 528x480 kdvd(kvcd) resolution etc on DVD then avs2dvd wont work as it's good about forcing compliant DVD parameters. This is good for most people and cases but not if your intentionally trying to author non-standard stuff as I do lol.
    Last edited by dannyboy48888; 2nd Jul 2023 at 19:17.
    if all else fails read the manual
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by steptoe View Post
    DVDstyler is free, as is AVStoDVD

I use AVStoDVD and have been for a good few years, the menu system can be a bit fussy sometimes but virtually everything is editable from the background to the fonts, spacing, thumbnails, backgrounds, buttons, almost all via the menu system without any editing of awkward options and you can see exactly what the menu would look like on DVD

Neither have been updated for a couple of years, BUT they still work. I'm using Windows 11 and it still works fine from Windows XP to Windows 11

I've also use AviSynth+ latest releases, plus I use the latest version of MKVToolnix and latest 32-bit compiles of FFMPEG (64 bit FFMPEG WILL NOT WORK). to keep things updated

If you just want a menu editor, try DVDStyler first

AVStoDVD is a good bit of software and pretty much point and click conversion and DVD creation, but uses AviSynth to encode. If want very powerful (and a bit complex) restoration encoding software, That's another huge forum on its own but can achieve very good results

https://codecpack.co/download/AVStoDVD.html
    Okay, I will download it and try it today.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I downloaded AVStoDVD, can somebody help me with adding/removing elements from the DVD menu?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Click Dvd Menu, Menu Editor. Bottom left under "mode" click edit.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by tigerman8u View Post
    I already did that, I do not see any delete button there.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by JackyBorderCollie View Post
    Originally Posted by tigerman8u View Post
    I already did that, I do not see any delete button there.
    Which button are you trying to delete? The menu capabilty is very basic in A2D,
    but that's not the program strength
    Quote Quote