VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have .mp4 files captured at 1920x1080p59 using an Elgato 4K60 PRO that I would like to burn onto BD-R discs, one file per disc, using IMGBURN or a similar tool. These discs should be playable in contemporary BD-players. No editing is required (no titles, no menus, no changes at all) so hopefully no rendering is required. Is there a simple way to create a BD .iso image from a .mp4?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Just burn as data on bd-r discs,no need for iso images.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    "These discs should be playable in contemporary BD players" makes one think that you are going for standard BD compliance.

If so, you MUST re-encode (because BD doesn not support 1080p60), and you MUST author & compile prior to burning.
    (Using a proper BD authoring app, or close facsimile).

If not, what johns0 told you should be fine, though YMMV with device support.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I did try burning the .mp4 directly to the BD-R, but the BD player would not recognize the disc.

Regarding the rendering comment, now I understand. I was looking at the Blu Ray page on Wikipedia which shows a table of Supported Video Formats and lists 1920x1080 59.94p in the HD[a] row, but I did not understand the significance of the [a] footnote "Only supported on UltraHD Blu-ray with HEVC video compression standard". Good to know.

Fortunately I have VegasPro18, which will render my video but, regrettably, it does not use the extra power of my video card to accelerate the rendering. Now I must only figure out which codec to use to get full-screen video instead of letterboxed video. I'm rather new at all this.

Thanks for setting me straight!
    -jf
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The problem could be that the Format profile was set to 4.2 or higher and your blu-ray player couldn't recognize it,paste a mediainfo text here to see the settings of the mp4 you burned.My moms samsung tv will play 1920x1080 60 fps with no issues as long as the format profile is 4.1 which can be easily fixed.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote