VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey...

I know TVNZ has been raised in the past but I can't see any definitive answer on downloading from this site (i.e. with co. nz in the URL).

They are using Brightcove 6.41.0. I've registered on the site, and my VPN allows me to play video through Firefox or Chrome - but no extension, nor pyIDM or TVDownloader will allow anything other than fragmented/segmented downloads. It's a very tough one, and I know the geoblock issue is a problem in seeking help with this but I'm hoping someone might be able to provide me with a few clues (or at least direct me to a good tutorial on navigating developer tools to find the root URL for video on such sites, as I am really lost with that). I would be extremely grateful.

In an old thread a moderator considered downloading from TVNZ site a violation, in the same way as Netflix. However TVNZ hosts publicly viewable videos on a "catch up" basis, similar to the ABC in Australia but with apparently vastly more security - all that is required is a free registration, no financial subscription. I hope this clarifies it.
    Quote Quote  
  2. license DRM
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by notaghost View Post
    license DRM
    Fair enough for the host to want to implement DRM on their content (and New Zealand seems way ahead of everyone else with an uncrackable system), but very little of what they are hosting actually belongs to TVNZ anyway
    Quote Quote