VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So I'm enjoying my card but I'm really disliking the software. The problem is that the only file format options I'm given are AVI YUV/RGB, AVI Motion JPG and Quicktime Uncompressed. Unfortunately, NONE of the many hard drives that I have can keep up with the uncompressed formats and Motion JPG is my only option.

I tried OBS studio but it doesn't let you capture uncompressed sound.

Are there any other suggested options?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    How do you expect people to suggest software when no one knows what kind of videos you are capturing, SD, HD, what Format....?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    How do you expect people to suggest software when no one knows what kind of videos you are capturing, SD, HD, what Format....?
    Well, you can also ask that question without coming across like...you are.

HD. 1080p 23.976 And I'm looking for any HQ format that most hard drives can handle.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Which capture device do you use ? that's more important, which OS ? these important things you still need to mention.
    my "guess" is that you're on windows, and then you should try to install the AVID codecs, these codecs compress (intra frame wise) your hard drives should keep up that way, if you're on MAC you could use the equivalent Prores codecs. my guess is you use a BlackMagic Design device.... card or Shuttle ?
    Last edited by Eric-jan; 6th Jun 2020 at 21:07.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Eric-jan View Post
    Which capture device do you use ? that's more important, which OS ? these important things you still need to mention.
    my "guess" is that you're on windows, and then you should try to install the AVID codecs, these codecs compress (intra frame wise) your hard drives should keep up that way, if you're on MAC you could use the equivalent Prores codecs. my guess is you use a BlackMagic Design device.... card or Shuttle ?
    I am on Windows and I'm using the BM Decklink Mini recorder.

I've tried every hard drive I had and none of them were able to completely keep up for some reason. All USB 3+

Also, how do you get BME to use other codecs?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Your Decklink Mini Recorder will support these codecs according to the BMD specs sheet:

AVC-Intra, AVCHD, Canon XF MPEG2,
    Digital SLR, DV-NTSC, DV-PAL,
    DVCPRO50, DVCPROHD, DPX, HDV,
    XDCAM EX, XDCAM HD, XDCAM
    HD422, DNxHR & DNxHD
    ,Apple
    ProRes 4444, Apple ProRes 422 HQ,
    Apple ProRes 422, Apple ProRes LT,
    Apple ProRes 422 Proxy,
    Uncompressed 8-bit 4:2:2,
    Uncompressed 10-bit 4:2:2.

The linked ones are the Avid codecs, you should ask your questions on the BlackMagic Design forum for this.
    It comes down to installing the codec(s) according to the 3rd party specs, you can't add codecs with BME.
    after installing the codecs, you should re-install Desktop Video Setup.
    Last edited by Eric-jan; 7th Jun 2020 at 06:46.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Eric-jan View Post

The linked ones are the Avid codecs, you should ask your questions on the BlackMagic Design forum for this.
    It comes down to installing the codec(s) according to the 3rd party specs, you can't add codecs with BME.
    after installing the codecs, you should re-install Desktop Video Setup.
    I installed them and they're not showing up.

I also posted on the forum. No responses.
    Quote Quote