VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 24
FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Doritos View Post
    I am having trouble with installation, initially I had a bad checksum so I re-dled and did manage to get it off once, now however I get bad checksums to varying degrees when opening the same archive which did before manage to submit to be extracted to a self titled folder, I went through the process with the tool and the log said that it had been completed successfully but there was no output ISO to demonstrate that this was really the case, plenty goes on in the folder which has the tool in it but nothing gets placed on my desktop which is my output directory, when it did this I had used an ISO which was different than the recommended one, so I referred to the Q&A on here and so I ended up getting that ISO and using it but I had this problem:
    ----------------[ EXTRACTING ISO ]----------------
    [2020-03-04 03:42:40]
    [2020-03-04 03:42:40] 7-Zip 18.01 (x64) : Copyright (c) 1999-2018 Igor Pavlov : 2018-01-28
    [2020-03-04 03:42:40] Scanning the drive for archives:
    [2020-03-04 03:42:40] 1 file, 3320903680 bytes (3168 MiB)
    [2020-03-04 03:42:40] Extracting archive: C:\Users\xxx\Downloads\Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1 X64 Genuine ISO Untouched + Windows7 USB DVD Tool [h33t][iahq76]\en_windows_7_ultimate_with_sp1_x64_dvd_u_677332.i so

----------------[ ERROR ]----------------
    [2020-03-04 03:43:05] Windows 7 image has not been detected in selected file!
    -
    Do note that I deleted the folder with the tool in it multiple times and pulled it again in case there were changes to the folders in it which contained artifacts from the present install and might complicate the next try.
    restart your computer and retry installing again.
    what are the specs of your computer that you are trying to install windows 7 on ??
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I restarted it between the two emphasized attempts but this is for the working of the Windows Image Updater and it not placing a file on my desktop during ISO creation, not a Windows 7 Installation per se but rather the technically downloading and use of the author's program via the 7z archive file...the ISO not found is the failure of the recommended ISO to be found during the ISO creation as opposed to it just not being placed onto desktop during or after creation.
    -
    Update:
    I redownloaded the Mediafire file and downloaded and used the 7z extraction program itself and got 530 or so data errors when extracting to folder, WinZip 15 states "Extracting Installer\x64.7z Unknown compression method" up to when it fails and stops the extraction, which is what it said before of the other copy...and Comodo did not quarantine anything.
    Last edited by Doritos; 5th Mar 2020 at 20:19.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Doritos View Post
    I restarted it between the two emphasized attempts but this is for the working of the Windows Image Updater and it not placing a file on my desktop during ISO creation, not a Windows 7 Installation per se but rather the technically downloading and use of the author's program via the 7z archive file...the ISO not found is the failure of the recommended ISO to be found during the ISO creation as opposed to it just not being placed onto desktop during or after creation.
    -
    Update:
    I redownloaded the Mediafire file and downloaded and used the 7z extraction program itself and got 530 or so data errors when extracting to folder, WinZip 15 states "Extracting Installer\x64.7z Unknown compression method" up to when it fails and stops the extraction, which is what it said before of the other copy...and Comodo did not quarantine anything.
    download the latest version of 7z software and retry the ISO extraction again. - https://www.myerrorsandmysolutions.com/7z-unknown-method-or-unknown-compression-method/
    Last edited by october262; 5th Mar 2020 at 22:58.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I switched to my Firefox which (conveniently?) has no Adblockers and I had no issues with the file from Mediafire, if they poison downloads of people who do I would divorce myself from them and their offerings as much as possible in the future, but I am not saying that they do that and I could not find anyone saying it but if someone would chime in on that I would be interested in hearing, in any event I did it over again and it ran through and finished but for the second time of successful completion I don't see the output file.
    Update:
    This problem has come up several times on the forum here but it never seems to get addressed, it should be a technical priority for the OP...at present I am doing it over but pointing the output to the inside of the program folder itself where like I said plenty goes on but it still isn't producing the file.
    Update:
    The program had an error which I closed, then I aborted via that option, however the program did not stop though I aborted so I killed it with Task Manager and now there are problems with deleting it which relate to permissions and such, the recommended solutions either fail or cause a Windows error in setting security policy, even in safe mode, Eraser was not able to gain control either so I'm going to write these GB's off and use one of the alternatives which have some presence on Youtube, thanks but no thanks.
    Last edited by Doritos; 8th Mar 2020 at 11:54.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That image update is fantastic! Installed Windows 7 on a Ryzen system no problem except that it refused to install on a MBR disk so I had to convert it to GPT (so no using Windows Loader!). But what I actually want to do is inject the drivers into my current Windows 7 installation so I don't lose all of my settings and stuff (I've done so much tweaking!) I tried silent installers (don't seem able to deal with Asus's MSI installers) and portable macro programs (none of which run correctly) to install the modified chipset drivers as Windows booted. Hate starting over!

Hope you are safe! I have Covid-19 and for the first 4 days it was like whatever but day 5 turned into some nasty business! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5IIHO0Up3s
    Last edited by Gamesturbator; 9th Apr 2020 at 21:40.
    Quote Quote  
  6. @Atak_Snajpera

hey bro your button that's linked to download an ISO is "file not found". I recommend to just remove that feature button as it will always go down!
    Quote Quote  
  7. @Atak_Snajpera

Just wanted to say thanks for the tool!, I managed to install Win7 in a Amd Raven Ridge cpu and since none of the official motherboard tools to make a bootable usb support splitted install.wim your app was really a life savior!
    Last edited by kbzona; 14th Apr 2020 at 21:52.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by kbzona View Post
    @Atak_Snajpera

Just wanted to say thanks for the tool!, I managed to install Win7 in a Amd Raven Ridge cpu and since none of the official motherboard tools to make a bootable usb support splitted install.wim your app was really a life savior!
    I though a Raven Ridge Ryzen is not supported and Windows 7 would give an ACPI error. What drivers did you use?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, but sorry if I misunderstood but will this add support for an AMD Ryzen 7 3700X and M.2 drives?I haven't tried it yet because I don't have my future rig bought yet.Thanks anyways man!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by NoExplorer View Post
    Hello, but sorry if I misunderstood but will this add support for an AMD Ryzen 7 3700X and M.2 drives?I haven't tried it yet because I don't have my future rig bought yet.Thanks anyways man!
    for the AMD Ryzen see here - https://www.anandtech.com/show/11182/how-to-get-ryzen-working-on-windows-7-x64

and for M.2 drives - see this guide - https://superuser.com/questions/1116959/installing-windows-7-on-an-m-2-nvme-drive
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks I will give it a try @october262 ! But as I said I cannot verify if it works since I don't have my future rig bought yet. And I was asking the author of the utility directly but I will try it. : )
    Last edited by NoExplorer; 20th May 2020 at 23:31.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Nvme SSD will work after modifing ISO with my tool.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
    Nvme SSD will work after modifing ISO with my tool.
    Ok but will the CPU (R7 3700X) work for sure? I forgot to say what mobo I will be using. It is going to be an ASRock B45OM Steel Legend Micro-ATX. Thanks a lot anyways for reassuring me about the M.2 drive compatibility!
    Quote Quote  
  14. will a intel core i5-8400 work? It said that H310 and above won't work.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by NoExplorer View Post
    Ok but will the CPU (R7 3700X) work for sure? I forgot to say what mobo I will be using. It is going to be an ASRock B45OM Steel Legend Micro-ATX. Thanks a lot anyways for reassuring me about the M.2 drive compatibility!
    It works even with r3950x and latest x570 chipset. See first post.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by peoplerepublicofchina View Post
    will a intel core i5-8400 work? It said that H310 and above won't work.
    Check yourself and let me know If USB Ports work after instalation.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all! I Need help upgrading my cpu to Intel 7th gen(currently on 6th gen) and also looking to upgrade my Ram to 16Gb@3200mhz
    I’m using Windows 7 64-bit(windows updated)
    Motherboard is Asus Prime z270-a(driver’s updated, USB 3.0 works)

My main concern is, I wanted to keep running win7. Do I need to install any drivers on my motherboard in order to support 7th gen? and have USB 3.0 working without the need of ps2 keyboard/mouse?

Thanks for answering!
    Quote Quote  
  18. No if you plan to use the same mainboard. CPU does not need drivers.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It works even with r3950x and latest x570 chipset. See first post.
    Ok thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jayf27 View Post
    Hi all! I Need help upgrading my cpu to Intel 7th gen(currently on 6th gen)

My main concern is, I wanted to keep running win7 !
    Ever so slightly OT comment here. I continue running a lot of older hardware, by choice, for a number of reasons. Even though a couple of those major Intel CPU exploitable flaws have supposedly now been fixed in their latest gen editions. I also continue to run Win 7 x64. Despite getting regular adverts and emails with headlines saying "Win 7 is DEAD", terrible security exposures we'll soon be subject to, blah-blah & etc. To this I say BULLSHIT !! Maybe "famous last words", but it still works well for me, without the various detriments of 10, and I haven't seen any adverse consequences yet . . . .
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello there again,

I am going to try to patch an iso on an slow pc and see how much time it will take! I will keep you updated!

(PC specs : 1GB RAM , Intel ATOM N270 @1.6GHz , 120GB HDD 5200RPM , 8.5Mbps internet [ <- this is my laptop and not my "good" pc])
    Quote Quote  
  22. IT will take foreveeeeeeeer. Ultra slow CPU + insanly low amount of ram + slow HDD. Do not even bother!
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    IT will take foreveeeeeeeer. Ultra slow CPU + insanly low amount of ram + slow HDD. Do not even bother!
    It is not a problem for me since I got nothing to do lol
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by NoExplorer View Post
    IT will take foreveeeeeeeer. Ultra slow CPU + insanly low amount of ram + slow HDD. Do not even bother!
    See you somewhere in next week then
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Im almost done extracting it , the only problem I had since now was my ISP throttling my internet's transfer rate.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by NoExplorer View Post
    Im almost done extracting it , the only problem I had since now was my ISP throttling my internet's transfer rate.
    Lol! Extracting is a piece of cake. You will cry of frustration as soon as program will be adding patches and drivers. The real fun starts there
    Your CPU will be at constant 100% usage, RAM will be fully utilized and HDD will be begging for mercy due to constant writing/reading data to/from swap file...
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Lol! Extracting is a piece of cake. You will cry of frustration as soon as program will be adding patches and drivers. The real fun starts there
    Your CPU will be at constant 100% usage, RAM will be fully utilized and HDD will be begging for mercy due to constant writing/reading data to/from swap file...
    I do not have a problem with that the problem I know have is my resolution.Im currently fighting for 1680x1050 using extended display settings.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I got the display settings applied.Time to start
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello again, again.

TL;DR It works fine with great perfonmance!If you want to know more read the text bellow.But it is long.

I have news author ( i dont want to tag with @ for reasons).Yesterday it started but I forgot that it was going to work an all version and I stopped the program but then it never launched again.BUT WAIT! I re-extracted the tool and it works again normally.I made the tool work only on Ultimate and Professional for the time being. It is on the point on extracting and mounting the drivers (currently its at 10% progress). CPU util. is at 70% and ram at 843MBs . I cannot monitor the hdd bcause it dont have an app for it. I mostly spent time to mount the VGA cable on my television ( I own a monitor but i guess its ok) bcause I had color problems on the monitor,it was the vga cable dont worry.Sorry for the long txt but anyways,peace people!
    Quote Quote  
  30. for comparision. Full update (patches + drivers) of 4 editions (Basic/Home/Pro/Ultimate) on my Intel Xeon E5-2690@3.2GHz (8C/16T) + 64GiB RAM + SATA III SSD takes 2 hours. Single edition (for example Ultimate) takes 1 hour.
    Quote Quote