VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm not very in tune with anything that goes into video/audio so bare with me.

I'm trying to mux a .mkv file with AC3 audio into a .m2ts file with TsMuxer. My audio was coming out out of sync with the video after being muxed. I also noticed the .m2ts video was 1 second shorter. I realized TsMuxer was picking up my .mkv file fps as 24.1224 instead of what it shows in the VLC media information as 29.970628. Any tips on how to sync the audio/video or fix the issue with TsMuxer not picking up the proper fps?

Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by Bass_Soul; 23rd Feb 2020 at 23:12.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Please try to report an extended MediaInfo analysis, the MKV might have a variable frame rate or a time stretched/compressed audio track...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Load the mkv with Tsmuxer, on "General Track Options" check "Change FPS" insert 29.970, remux
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Load the mkv with Tsmuxer, on "General Track Options" check "Change FPS" insert 29.970, remux
    This was my first thought as well but I only have a drop down bar to choose from and even picking 30, the audio is even more delayed.

LigH.de, I'll upload a MediaInfo tree view below

[Attachment 52152 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  5. Try with 23.976 (24000/1001) fps.
    You can also try to extract all tracks with MKVcleaver first and remux them then with Tsmuxer.
    Last edited by ProWo; 25th Feb 2020 at 03:24.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Try with 23.976 (24000/1001) fps.
    You can also try to extract all tracks with MKVcleaver first and remux them then with Tsmuxer.
    You got it! I cannot thank you enough that the 24000/1001 option worked. I haven't had much time to play around with the settings so I had tried a few other frame rates and settings but not that one. Thank you for a much needed pick-me-up.
    Quote Quote  
  7. So, while this trick synced up my audio after running it through TSMuxer to create .M2ts files, I'm now running into an issue with MultiAVCHD where it's telling me there are bad frames. I started transcoding and left my pc for 3 hours and came back to this issue.

"Decoding H264 stream (track 1): Profile: High@4.0 Resolution: 1280:720p Frame rate: 23.976
    H.264 stream does not contain fps field. Muxing fps=23.976
    0.0% complete
    0.1% complete
    Decoding AC3 stream (track 2): Bitrate: 256Kbps Sample Rate: 44KHz Channels: 2
    AC3 stream (track 2): bad frame detected at position00:00:00,034. Resync stream."

Edit: I restarted my pc, made sure all temp files were cleared (not just what the program would clear), and tried just one video (the first in my playlist that caused the issue last time) to an iso and it worked now. Issue may have been due to not reloading the videos even though they were the same titles from the same folder. It sucks having to reload the videos for the umpteenth time but I hope this is the last issue I run into.
    Last edited by Bass_Soul; 28th Feb 2020 at 22:42.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Load the videotrack only into MultiAVCHD, create the new video file and then remux them with the source audio.
    Quote Quote