VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. The problem is with VHS (which I capture through ADVC300). I found capturing with Scenalyzer more reliable than with Premiere, but stopping is still problem. I can't test or use WinDv, it's not working on my Win7. I can run this program, but it captures no video. I have tested Windows Media Maker, but wasn't satisfied with result. Some visual defect occured. I have compared with Premiere and Scenalyzer and defect was only WMM case. So I don't believe to WMM. I bought several semiprofessional VCRs and Canopuses to start digitizing on commercial base, so I can't let it be like if I would digitizing just few cassettes for myself. Stopping slows me down very much. Is there some really realiable program which will not stop capture at all?

Or, is there some option setting for Scenalyzer to start capture new sequence automatically when timecode gets back? - because, this is precisly what Scenalyzer does when captures from miniDV cassettes (although in this case PC is not connected through Canopus but directly to player).
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Have you turned off "Stop capturing when dropped frames occur" option?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes, it's turned off by default.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    winDV like lots of older programs needs to be run from somewhere other than c:/program files. make a folder like c:/winDV in the root of the drive. also you need to run winDV as admin. right click on the exe and select run as admin or go to properties/compatibility and put a check mark in run this program as an administrator.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by fujrer View Post
    Yes, it's turned off by default.
    I use an ADVC110 with Sony Video Capture. It never halts during a transfer. I wonder if you have trouble with your IEEE1394 port, driver, resource contention?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks to aedipuss I finally run winDV. And it's stable like a rock!
    Totaly crappy VHS recorded over an over with fragmented videos. With Sclive - ten times stopped, much more times rewinded and searched where it fell and of course time consuming joining clips after capturing. With winDV - no stop at all. Funny that this tool comes from a guy who live several tens of kilometers from me . And even more funny is how old and small this tool is. Is my mental peace dependent on 92 kilobytes? I will try Sony Video Capture in future definitely, just to know how good it stands. And good bless videohelp forum
    Quote Quote