VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. See the news story below?

In it you'll see images of tickets being displayed as if it were digitally recreated --I don't know if it's just captured footage of the tickets, or a photograph of them taken. You'll also see an effect where parts of information located on craigslist ads are presented, and select information, was magnified and highlighted separately while the ads were discussed. How is that achieved? What is it called? Easy it easy to have done? Difficult?

If I had a physical document that I wanted to be displayed in a news story, how would I have it display as such? Other documents like tickets, a legal document, receipts. or a letter? Have similar effects done to them? Is it done digitally? Scanned? Photographed?

During the 1:58 - 2:00 marks of the video you can see a document displayed, with another example of that highlighting.

During the 1:49-1:52 marks of the video you can see several craigslists ads presented, with certain information highlighted from whats presented and separately displayed in another image.

During the 2:06 - 2:07 marks of the video you can see tickets displayed with an effect done to them, and a cash value presented on top of it to support commentary.

In the 2:55 - 3:01 marks of the video below, you can see it done again regarding a website. It's displayed on a computer graphic, and has highlighting of information as shown above.

How was that all done?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by AmateurnFilmmaker View Post
    In it you'll see images of tickets being displayed as if it were digitally recreated --I don't know if it's just captured footage of the tickets, or a photograph of them taken. You'll also see an effect where parts of information located on craigslist ads are presented, and select information, was magnified and highlighted separately while the ads were discussed. How is that achieved? What is it called? Easy it easy to have done? Difficult?
    Yes, pretty easy. The generic term is "overlay" . You can think of it as multiple layers, like a stack of magazines. The ones on top can "cover up" the ones on the bottom. So if you have a background video, you might have something in front of it, like the tickets etc...It's analogous and the same concept in photo editing like photoshop . You can animate the layers, make them move around etc... You can do this in almost any video editor

If I had a physical document that I wanted to be displayed in a news story, how would I have it display as such? Other documents like tickets, a legal document, receipts. or a letter? Have similar effects done to them? Is it done digitally? Scanned? Photographed?
    You need to scan it to digitize it if you want it to look authentic, or create it from scratch . You then place it as a "layer" as described above
    Quote Quote