VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I convert MPG files to DIVX using Aimersoft Video Converter add SRT file and reconvert. I transfer this file to USB to play on DVD Player.

The file plays fine on PC using VLC and Windows Media Player but on the DVD Player the second line of the Subtitles is slightly cut off but everything else is fine.

I have tried adjusting the font size and changing the Aspect ratio on TV but nothing seems to work.

I can push up the position of the subtitles on VLC but this is only to play the recording . The Aimersoft Converter only allows changing font size and colour not position of sub titles.

Does anybody know how to change the position of the subtitles using this format of recording.

Thank You
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Can't you change any subtitle positions in aimersoft?

Or try skip add the srt file in aimersoft. After just add the srt as a separate file like video.avi and video.srt to the media. Many divx dvd players supports that.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Can't you change any subtitle positions in aimersoft?

As stated in Aimersoft it is only possible to change subtitle font colour etc but not position.

Or try skip add the srt file in aimersoft. After just add the srt as a separate file like video.avi and video.srt to the media. Many divx dvd players supports that.
    I tried your second suggestion and thought this was working.. as the subtitles were displayed further up on the screen.

I wondered how to play the video and the srt file together so I put them into the same folder. This worked playing these files on the PC using VLC Player.

However when I tried to play them on my Panasonic Bluray DVD Player - it comes up with disc not recognised. The files(folders)are copied on to a USB stick to play on DVD Player . DIVX (avi) files are the only files recognised by the player in this format.

Any further thoughts
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by spblack View Post
    on the DVD Player the second line of the Subtitles is slightly cut off
    Turn off the overscan on your TV so you can see the whole picture.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by spblack View Post
    on the DVD Player the second line of the Subtitles is slightly cut off
    Turn off the overscan on your TV so you can see the whole picture.
    Thanks for your help - I tried everything before trying to move up the subtitles but that didn't work.
    Turning off overscan did the trick.

Thanks again.
    Quote Quote