VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Ok I used DVD2SVCD to convert a dvd movie(Deuces Wild) to 3 cue files. Ok I burned the three on to discs and played them and it looked great. No mess ups or anything. Problem I put the movie in today and usually the same spots everytime but there will be like pixelization from time to time. But then I took it out and stuck it back in and it didn't do it. Then tried putting it in again and it did it again. How can i get rid of the pixelization effect all together. Is there any way? I don't mind using 3 or 4 cds for one movie but I do mind the pixelization. I would like to have it as close to dvd quality as possible.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Oh by the way i used 3 cds to do this and the movie was 138 min long
    used 43 min on 800 mb so what bitrate was that should i have used less minutes than that the cds came out like this 2 were like 700mb and one was 236mb or something. anyway there was still some pixeliazation. Does pixelization come from the ripping process or the burning process. Because I have mad svcd's from image files that are perfect and 10 min later i will burn from the same image file and have pixelization????

Can anyone help please
    Quote Quote  
  3. If you want to get as close as possible to dvd quality on 3cd for 138 min. movie then i recommend using an average bitrate of about 2100. This will get you very close to dvd and fit your movie on 3cd. (Its what I do, so I know the results). If you using DVD2SVCD (I just decided to give this frontend a shot), then in the bitrate section adjust it so that you fit about 45 min. per cd. I have it setup like this:

0 - 46min. --> 1 CD (800mb) ---> ? - 2142
    46 - 91 min. --> 2 CD (800mb) --> 4520 - 2166
    91 - 136 min. --> 3 CD (800mb) --> 3368 - 2175
    136 - 181min. --> 4 CD (800mb) --> 2979 - 2179
    181 - 226min. --> 5 CD (800mb) --> 2783 - 2181
    226 - 9999min. --> 6 CD (800mb) --> 2665 - ?

Most movies are either around 90min. or 120min. Hope this works out for you.
    PlaiBoi
    Quote Quote  
  4. hey i encoded with those settings and i don't know about you but i think it sucks. Yes it is viewable. But there are still pixelization there and I don't want that. I did a dvd2svcd at these setting and its beautiful no pixelization at all. Used 3 cds for 132 min dvd

0-43
    43-86
    86-129
    so forth

Hey one question though if the movie was 132 how was I able to fit it on 129 min on 3 cd's??????????????????????
    Quote Quote  
  5. if you want best quality with 4 speed dvd player (most standalones, but check !)

Use CCE...VBR Min 2500-Avr 3500 Max 4500 for video.

If your player does support it, it fits 30 minutes on a 800 mb cd.

I tried converting a dvd with this and didn't see the difference...if you don't zoom though

TMPG should be almost as good when doing a multipass with these settings, if free and easyer to come by.

good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  6. hey i encoded with those settings and i don't know about you but i think it sucks. Yes it is viewable. But there are still pixelization there and I don't want that. I did a dvd2svcd at these setting and its beautiful no pixelization at all. Used 3 cds for 132 min dvd
    Did you look at it on your computer or on your dvd player? It makes a BIG differance. Wierd, cuz i dont see pixelation, and im huge on quality. I dont think changing the amount to fit on one cd by 3 min. would increase the quality by as much as you describe.
    PlaiBoi
    Quote Quote