VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The Logitech Z5500 costs more on eBay and Amazon than the newer Z906 model. It also has more positive reviews and number of reviews.

It appears that some owners of both models prefer the 5500 and the reviews seem to reflect that, as well as the price.

Other than marketing gimmicks, business (un)ethical practices,etc, I don't understand the logic behind this.

I would say the Z5500s should be classified as over-rated/over-priced because they are ancient, and worth $50(?) The new model is around $300, new. However, I don't know nearly enough about this issue to backup such claims.

So why does it cost more?

What person would choose the old over the new and actually spend more money on outdated technology from 2004 as opposed to newer available technology?

I ask because recently prior to the release of the newer model, the Z5500 had sold for around $100-$300 at most, on average. Now their prices have skyrocketed and the reviews seem to have justified the price hike.
    "A computer is never finished, you just run out of money."
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    They no longer manufacture the Z550's, they have a larger subwoofer and higher wattage.

And because of all of this to find "NEW" old stock you will pay $$$ if you want them.
    I would rather have the older Z5500 than the newer less powerful and smaller set.
    I have seen many people mad as heck because Logitech stopped making them and replaced them with the Z906

I have owned a set for years and i wish i would have bought a 2nd set back when they were still $400-$500.
    I can rock them in my basement, go upstairs and hear it clear as day and feel the sub pounding through the floor everywhere i go.
    They rock better than most peoples home systems i have heard, LOL!!

I have seen the control module alone go for upwards of $200.00, used, and that was some time ago.

Within the last few months i started thinking about getting another set, only to find out they are no longer made and the price has skyrocketed for new sets.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Talk about a short lived post.....
    LOL!!!!
    Quote Quote