VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Not sure if this is the proper forum - but I'm wondering if my sound card might be the issue. I have an MKV file that won't play on my blu ray player because the reference frame value is too high. Recoding fixes it, but there is loss of video quality and it will take very long to do. I would be content with playing it with my computer and displaying it on my tv. However the audio is out of sync when played on my comp - the audio gets ahead of the video and gets worse over time.

Now here is the strange part - it plays perfectly on a different computer

Here are my computer specs: Pentium 4 2.4GHz, 2GB ram, Geforce 6200 AGP video card, and Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS soundcard

The other computer: AMD Sempron 3300+ 2GHz, 192 MB ram, onboard video and audio

So I'm wondering if the Audigy sound card is my problem

With the AMD the only codecs installed are k-lite basic and played with windows media player - perfect sync and no stuttering.

I've done the same with my computer and no luck, out of sync and light stuttering. Plus I reformatted and reinstalled windows. Unfortunately my onboard sound doesn't work.

Any Ideas??? I've just downloaded a more recent Audigy driver so I'll try that too.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    really doubtful it's the sound card. the aud2 was a good card. i'd try playing with a different program like vlc or mpc-hc. codec packs aren't looked on favorably around here and may be the source of the problem.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the reply. I've tried 6 or 7 players, including VLC with the same result. As far as codec packs, how else would I be able to play MKV files is there a single codec for it?

Also it just doesn't make sense that the other computer has no problem playing it. Can anyone offer insight to why?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    a mod should close one of your threads.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote