VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys!
    Was looking for some advice on this issue:
    I made a movie about 10 years ago, Edited it at a studio, got my master copy on DVD. The original tapes got lost, so all I have is the master DVD of the completed movie. I would like to take the movie from the DVD, import it into my adobe CS3, and edit out a few seconds of footage here and there. Then I want to export the video back out (losing as little quality as possible).
    There has got to be a way to do this! I got half way there... I took the VOB files from the DVD and renamed tham as .MPG files. Then I uploaded the MPG files into CS3. The video came on fine but the audio wasnt there. YET if I just click on the .mpg to play it on Windows Media Player, it plays both the audio and video... So I'm not sure what's going on.
    Let me know how to go about doing this. Thanks a bunch!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try stripping the audio from the mpg files using virtualdub then inport that. If that doesn't work turn them back into vob files and extract the audio using dvd2avi (this will actually strip the audio and video into two seperate streams).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You can't just rename VOB files to MPG. They are not exactly the same. Maybe VOB2MPG is what you need.

Not really seeing the point of going to all this trouble to edit "a few seconds of footage here and there" as opposed to just leaving it alone, but it's your time to waste.
    Quote Quote  
  4. The way I would do this is open the dvd in pgcdemux tick extract video,audio, optionally chapters or subtitles extract the you have elementary streams .m2v and dts or ac3 or mp2 or mp3, then you could mux using imagompeg muxer though this has never worked for me.
    So I mux using ffmpeg :

ffmpeg -i temp.m2v -i temp.mp2 -vcodec copy -acodec copy -f vob test.mpg

only edit the test.mpg to name of movie .mpg and all this is done in commandprompt

Note: once cmdprompt is open if you don't kn ow the path to ffmpeg which you downloaded simply drop in the cmdprompt.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	5429  

Quote Quote