+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Originally Posted by Puppets86 View Post
    Are these considered good quality? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000F0ELOG/ref=oss_product
    The manufacture code shows they are made in India, for whatever that's worth.
    Really wish this thread would die but anyway...
    1) You are NOT seeing the final picture which says "Made in Singapore". Where are you getting this made in India crap from?

Originally Posted by Puppets86 View Post
    These are not DL discs, but DataLifePlus single layer DVD discs are ONLY made in Taiwan. Always been that way.

I covered all this earlier in this thread on Aug 4. Wish you had read it
    Sorry, my mistake......didn't realize those were single layer. I was focusing on the DataLifePlus. You were the one that said they were excellent discs. I thought I was posting an ad for the DL.....sorry. I was pointed to this thread today, form the thread I started, that you also helped me in, sorry I didn't read the entire thread.

Oh, and it is my understanding that the manufacture code of MKM-003-00 means they are made in India. Do I have that wrong? I got that info form ImgBurn, off the discs I'm currently using. Where does it say Made In Singapore on these? And again....thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So, no answer to my question in the last post?
    Last edited by Puppets86; 3rd Oct 2010 at 19:03.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    the "made in" info is usually on the side of the cake box wrapper. I don't think you'll find it on the disc.
    I love children, girl children... about 16-40
    W.C. Fields
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    1. Verbatium made by many companys not just mmc and cmc, Prodisc, most popular out. Still Verbatium trys to keep quality but must compete. I still use verbatium, and JVC premium.
    2. Ritek is now making many brands such as TDK IMATION some FUJI, prodisc also makes fuji.
    Prodisc egypt makes Verbatium, Prodisk India makes Fuji. HP=CMC, 75% made by CMC or Ritek. memorex =CMC .So the only thing I can Say is Try different ones if you do not like present verbatium. ME I Use verbatium -r and +r. Also JVC Premium. I have used Ritek and had no problems. More problems with HP. at one time I got Tired of the quality dvds because I was haveing a lot of problems so bought Dynex and got better results. I was useing Verbatium and Sony at the Time and Sony was better but always sold out. This was 3or4 Years ago. Was Getting blank spots . I am burning Verbatium +r now made by prodisc. azo ink few problems if you have good software. Make sure you buy the good verbatium DL. not cheapies. But if you want to change Try JVC and Duallayer ?. Ritek very compatable but I do not Know How Durable. I have Ritek 6years old still good. Up to you. Best Discs made in Japan, at present JVC and Ritek only ones.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I use whatever is cheapest for "tossers" (the ones that I give away), and JVC or Taiyo (have some Verbatims stashed also) for myself.
    ;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tonyy1919 View Post
    1. Verbatium made by many companys not just mmc and cmc, Prodisc, most popular out. Still Verbatium trys to keep quality but must compete. I still use verbatium, and JVC premium.
    2. Ritek is now making many brands such as TDK IMATION some FUJI, prodisc also makes fuji.
    Prodisc egypt makes Verbatium, Prodisk India makes Fuji. HP=CMC, 75% made by CMC or Ritek. memorex =CMC .So the only thing I can Say is Try different ones if you do not like present verbatium. ME I Use verbatium -r and +r. Also JVC Premium. I have used Ritek and had no problems. More problems with HP. at one time I got Tired of the quality dvds because I was haveing a lot of problems so bought Dynex and got better results. I was useing Verbatium and Sony at the Time and Sony was better but always sold out. This was 3or4 Years ago. Was Getting blank spots . I am burning Verbatium +r now made by prodisc. azo ink few problems if you have good software. Make sure you buy the good verbatium DL. not cheapies. But if you want to change Try JVC and Duallayer ?. Ritek very compatable but I do not Know How Durable. I have Ritek 6years old still good. Up to you. Best Discs made in Japan, at present JVC and Ritek only ones.
    What sort of crazy rambling is this?

Verbatim (MCC/MKM) uses MBI, CMC, FTI, Prodisc, MKM/MCC locations for manufacturing.
    Ritek "is now" making? Ritek has long supplied to all sorts of brands.
    Dynex is low grade Best Buy housebrand crap using cheap (and sometimes fake) media.
    AZO is a dye, not an "ink".
    Ritek is not, and never has been, made in Japan.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Staples had a sale on Saturday ... OCT 23 2010 ... for Memorex ... DVD-R and DVD+R ... 100 packs ... for ... 10 bucks ... I didn't get any but I was tempted.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Getting Memowrecks is wasting money & time or just frisbees..............
    *** Now that you have read me, do some other things. ***
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hmmm...I wonder if this is why Futureshop no longer carries Verbatim +R discs. Staples has lots though so I pick them up when they are on sale. Lotsa places like Zellers have + and - Sony or Maxell. I've also used TDK +R DLs recently and found them to be hit or miss (1 burns great, the other might fail). Still lotsa Verb DLs where I am, but the price never seems to do down on those.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    To find out type of disk, copy to dvd will tell as well as nero. I prefer jvc premium, or verbatium Disks. ritek very compatable. Burned hundreds of ritek as giveaways and maybe got 3 coasters. also mybad called dye ink, my brain was turned off. AZO dye. Thankyou Maxell also Made by CMC.
    Last edited by tonyy1919; 28th Oct 2010 at 03:16. Reason: Spelling
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    To recommend a specific brand is ludicrous, Because each person has different uses, burners and preferances. What I may like you may not.Maxell memorex, some verbatium and a lot of no name made by CMC, Alot of people like them. CMC makes different grades/Quality of their product as I suppose everyone does so everyone can afford. Verbatium used to be top of the line, now mid grade. Companys have top of the line then economy brands. Top of line seems to be sold in europe more than U.S. This is another reason a brand can not Be recomended. I say this because I have relatives in Europe, and I got what I thought were cheapies that turned out to be high Quality. cost me less they shipped for free. We are a disposable country, Europe does not throw away. They want things to last. Prices have gone up there and down here as well as quality here. I build high end computers but few people want to pay for quality high end when they can get or sounds simular for less at walmart. I have had to rebuild the walmart computer but mine keeps going. Now harddrives same as well as memory and cpu. The rest up for grabs. throwaway society is what we have become.
    Last edited by tonyy1919; 28th Oct 2010 at 03:52. Reason: comp.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    tonyy1919 - Joining the forums and then telling a bunch of experienced people in a lengthy thread essentially "You don't know what you are talking about" is a great way to make friends here - not.

CMC makes crap. The fact that you seem to disagree just makes you look bad. But personally I don't care. You can buy and use whatever you want. Verbatim STILL makes top grade media. It may not be all they make now like it was in the past but to call them now "mid grade" is very deceptive. And since you mentioned a lot of crap media brands you'll have to forgive me for not putting much confidence in your ability to make that kind of judgement.

Yes the US is a disposable country, but that's not why the media is cheap here. It's because the US market demands low prices and EVERYTHING else, including quality, is negotiable. Yes we know that European media tends to be better but that's because they still use the better manufacturers. I don't know if they still do it, but for a long time TDK was using Taiyo Yuden to make their European DVDs while in the US they've been using somebody like CMC for years now. Sony also uses higher quality manufacturers in Europe while their US DVDs are very hit and miss with some being made by MCC and others being made by low grade manufacturers.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by [_chef_] View Post
    Getting Memowrecks is wasting money & time or just frisbees..............
    I had a Birthday Party to go to ... so I didn't go into town and see how much of my 10 bucks was going to be wasted.

Yes ... I do know ... Memorex is not a good brand ... even back in the cassette tape days ... their little foam rubber pads were kind of wishy washy ... compared to the copper spring pads that were built into the other leading brands ... back in the day.

Am I giving clues to my age ... LOL ...
    Last edited by lacywest; 28th Oct 2010 at 08:03. Reason: left out a word
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    "Is it live - or is it Memorex?"

LOL

I just had to ask.

If I give you a Memorex DVD-R or +R, you'd better get to playing it fast. Memorex = Tossers.

Friends get Verbatims (new old stock), TY, or JVC....or I keep them for myself.
    ;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote  
  15. I like that term: tossers.

That's what I use CMC MAG discs (single-layer) for. Mostly AVCHD backups that I can re-do any time if one fails, or just play the original disc. I can't bring myself to trust them for anything important, but have had good results the last couple of years writing them with an LG burner.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i use the 8x verbatim -r's from supermediastore and they're fantastic...if the stuff in the US is so bad at the stores, save your gas and time and order them online...you can get any type in the world w/o complaints or hassle...I've used TDK, Imation and Memorex in the last year or so and they've all been RITEKF16...and the quality has been damn good

no1 would have to post in this thread if they would just order online and get what all the japanese and euro's get...quality stuff
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    and I got what I thought were cheapies that turned out to be high Quality
    Europe has a ton of fake media, so don't rely entirely on media IDs.

Yes we know that European media tends to be better but that's because they still use the better manufacturers
    I don't think I could agree with this. In some isolated cases, yes, certain brands have used better media compared to their N.A. brand counterpart (i.e., TDK). But "in general" media being better? No, I don't agree at all.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't think I could agree with this. In some isolated cases, yes, certain brands have used better media compared to their N.A. brand counterpart (i.e., TDK). But "in general" media being better? No, I don't agree at all
    Yes you have fake media, That is eveywhere. But consider we claim to have the best of evrything and we sell junk. People say I ramble and do not Know what I'm Talking about, Perhaps I do not, I go by what I use and my customers Use and complain about And perhaps dynex is top of the line as some of my customers say but I do not. CMC mag is known for junk But why are they so popular with major companys and have them make their products. TY verbatim sony top . You tell me I'm no genuis and things keep changeing. Iuse TaiyoYuden and verbatim. I have been buying at newegg,meritline, mostly because they have good quliaty. JVC TAIYO YUDEN now one company good qulaity I use Their JVC -r Premium Gold
    Last edited by tonyy1919; 29th Oct 2010 at 00:01.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A lot was said here but ... nothing really said ... so I ask ... Lord Smurf .... what brand do you use and from what store.

As for me ... last 50 Pack I got was Maxell DVD+R from Walgreens ... they are open 24 HR and I stop in there off and on and one of the areas I check is ... if they have any Blank DVDs for sale.

The Maxells were ... 13 dollars for a 50 Pack.

But online ... I buy the ... Taiyo Yuden Value Pack ... 100 Pack ... but that was almost 2 years ago ... and I buy them because they work in my Panasonic EH50.

Now that some time has gone by ... I can see that things have changed ... they now say they are JVC ...

http://www.supermediastore.com/product/reviews/taiyo-yuden-8x-dvd-r-media-value-line-100pk

... so I am wondering if I'm going to find blank DVD-Rs that will work with my Panasonic EH50. The other brands didn't work ... or not reliable.

Another factor to consider ... the rubber spindle in my EH50 was dirty and I cleaned it ... but I was having problems getting the tray to come out and stay out.

After cleaning it ... [I was hoping I could now use other brands of blank DVD-Rs] ... and putting it back together ... I put it back on the shelf with my other equipment.

The bad part is ... it has two other devices stacked on top of it and its a real rats nest of wires behind the equipment and I have to stand on a stool to see everything.

Well ... when I fired it up ... the tray ... doesn't come out ... at all ... now ... CRAP ! ... I should have checked it out while it was still on the workbench.

So I haven't transferred any TV shows or TCM movies to the Panasonic EH50 for several months. I do have a HTPC for this system that is in my bedroom and been using the Hauppauge HD-PVR for archiving my TV Shows and such. The Media Center in Windows 7 works very nicely.

I have two Seagate external USB2.0 500GB Drives for recording to ... and then I disconnect one of them and take it to the HTPC in my garage and from there I remove the commercials and such and burn the final results to a DVD.

Enuff Said ... Sincerely ... Mach10 ... aka Lacywest
    Last edited by lacywest; 28th Oct 2010 at 19:42. Reason: The Media Center in Windows 7 works very nicely.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    got a fix for ya lacywest...save a few bux and if your in the US...order this model at walmart and it'll play all sortsa discs..brand wise..ive had 2 philips models and havent 1 issue with brand

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Philips-DVP3560-F7-DVD-Player/15032474

notice it plays NTSC and PAL
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    These day relying on the MID or brand only is really playing with fire....

In case of the MID, the full MID is half the rent.
    *** Now that you have read me, do some other things. ***
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Moontrash View Post
    got a fix for ya lacywest...save a few bux and if your in the US...order this model at walmart and it'll play all sortsa discs..brand wise..ive had 2 philips models and havent 1 issue with brand

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Philips-DVP3560-F7-DVD-Player/15032474

notice it plays NTSC and PAL
    One of devices sitting on that shelf is a Phillips DVD Player ... plays Divx and etc ... etc ... if only it could play mkv.

Its the Phillips model ... everybody was getting and talking about a few years ago ... I would include the model number but ... it's late and my wife is asleep already.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tonyy1919 View Post
    and things keep changeing.
    Things keep changing? No, not at all. In the world of blank media, tectonic plates seem to move faster. The idea that things "keep changing" is yet another stupid myth perpetuated by people that don't know a whole lot about blank media.

Best of luck to you.
    Quote Quote