VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Everytime I open the video converting program SUPER, I get this:

Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    This problem has been around awhile. If you downloaded the program through the links at: https://www.videohelp.com/tools/SUPER sources and not some other source, there's no trojans, just a bad read by your antivirus program. Super accesses some parts of the computer software that some malware programs flag as malware. It's not.

If you can set your antivirus to ignore or pass on the malware scan, that's one way. Otherwise, you might look for another anti-malware program.

I only use SUPER occasionaly. It's not that great of program, just a bunch of freeware programs bundled together. If you have a specific conversion in mind, there are other programs that may be a better choice. Programs that try to 'do it all' are usually a poor choice for specific conversions.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by redwudz
    This problem has been around awhile. If you downloaded the program through the links at: https://www.videohelp.com/tools/SUPER sources and not some other source, there's no trojans, just a bad read by your antivirus program. Super accesses some parts of the computer software that some malware programs flag as malware. It's not.
    I downloaded SUPER at its author's site www.erightsoft.com. So ur saying that this trojan isn't a trojan? But then wat's that file it detected in Local Settings/Temp/zcodecs/s2m4.dll?

Originally Posted by redwudz
    If you can set your antivirus to ignore or pass on the malware scan, that's one way. Otherwise, you might look for another anti-malware program.
    I'll have to ask my mom. I'm only 16 years old lol, I have no idea wat I'm messing with here =P

Originally Posted by redwudz
    I only use SUPER occasionaly. It's not that great of program, just a bunch of freeware programs bundled together. If you have a specific conversion in mind, there are other programs that may be a better choice. Programs that try to 'do it all' are usually a poor choice for specific conversions.
    Not that great?! Dude, SUPER is by far the best converting program I have ever used, and I've tried about 30 or more converting programs, so I should know. The fact that it's free and it works is all that I'm worried about. I spent months searching for a free converter that wont corrupt my videos, and SUPER is the only one I could find for .mov to a format supportable by Windows Media Player and Windows Movie Maker.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's called a false positive. The virus scanner thinks it recognizes virus code within the file(s), or what it thinks may be virus-like activity, but it isn't. That's also why I recommended you make sure your McAfee scanner is completely up-to-date (both program and virus definitions), in the other post.

I don't see a lot of people recommending McAfee for virus scanning these days, though. If you're in doubt, you can always have a site like www.virustotal.com check the files - they use several scanners all at once, not just one.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  5. If it says Trojan why take a chance, uninstall and delete it, run full antivirus also go to http://housecall.trendmicro.com run a secondary antivirus make sure it is cleaned out then download it from this forum's link.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried the free Prism converter from http://www.nchsoftware.com/prism/index.html?gclid=CKXwheS5nZgCFQKJxgodriAimg. Super failed to convert some videos from url links which Prism converted very easily. Try Prism to see if it does what you want and see if the false trojan warning is eliminated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quick media converter 3.60 does a great job, but the new verion 3.65 seems to be very buggy. Give the older version a try.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by INFRATOM
    If it says Trojan why take a chance, uninstall and delete it, run full antivirus also go to http://housecall.trendmicro.com run a secondary antivirus make sure it is cleaned out then download it from this forum's link.
    The link from this forum still gives me the virus, so it's probly within the program or something. I think it is a false positive tho, and as long as MacAfee keeps quarentining it, I doubt it should ever affect me.

Originally Posted by Ai Haibara
    I don't see a lot of people recommending McAfee for virus scanning these days, though. If you're in doubt, you can always have a site like www.virustotal.com check the files - they use several scanners all at once, not just one.
    Well we've had great luck with MacAfee. It catches viruses all the time, does updates everyday, it's a great program. It also came with my computer, so that's wat we use. We don't really trust any other not-well known virus scanner. We do trust ones like AVG, MacAfee, or comcast stuff, u know wat I mean?

Originally Posted by INFRATOM
    If it says Trojan why take a chance, uninstall and delete it, run full antivirus also go to http://housecall.trendmicro.com run a secondary antivirus make sure it is cleaned out then download it from this forum's link.
    I have already done that like 5 times. The trojan still gets detected despite removing it 100% and scanning. It will always be there, but as long as MacAfee is quarentinin it, I should be fine. And besides, I got like 5 different ppl telling me it's a false positive.

Originally Posted by bevills1
    Have you tried the free Prism converter from http://www.nchsoftware.com/prism/index.html?gclid=CKXwheS5nZgCFQKJxgodriAimg. Super failed to convert some videos from url links which Prism converted very easily. Try Prism to see if it does what you want and see if the false trojan warning is eliminated.
    I don't care about url link conversions. I never need to do that. SUPER works awesome for me and as long as it follows my commands, I'm not switching converters.

Originally Posted by LBJ
    Quick media converter 3.60 does a great job, but the new verion 3.65 seems to be very buggy. Give the older version a try.
    I'm not leaving SUPER just cuz there's a trojan that ppl r telling me is wrong, PLUS it's being quarentined each time. As long as SUPER runs and everything is good, then I'll continue to use SUPER.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Norton, AVG and other have methods of how to remove certain Trojan, not all can be removed just by scanning because some are hiding as partial downloader and will bring in and assemble the trojan again. Super doesn't have virus your copy does, it must be a modified one that you downloaded from a questionable site. When you run virus scan when you have infection you must turn off system restore so they just don't come back. It is up to you to clean out your computer or not, %35 of computers are zombies meaning they have hidden infection and they are woken up at certain time by the hacker. There are some books on the subject if you like to read. The Super from this forum's link does not have virus I have installed it.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by INFRATOM
    Norton, AVG and other have methods of how to remove certain Trojan, not all can be removed just by scanning because some are hiding as partial downloader and will bring in and assemble the trojan again. Super doesn't have virus your copy does, it must be a modified one that you downloaded from a questionable site. When you run virus scan when you have infection you must turn off system restore so they just don't come back. It is up to you to clean out your computer or not, %35 of computers are zombies meaning they have hidden infection and they are woken up at certain time by the hacker. There are some books on the subject if you like to read. The Super from this forum's link does not have virus I have installed it.
    I just downloaded it from the forum's link, but it still gives me the same exact trojan........
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If one of SUPER's components is being quarantined, that means nothing can use or access that file - not even SUPER. So, SUPER may technically not be running properly, or be able to convert properly, as one of its components is 'missing.'

If you want to be sure (and McAfee actually lets you do anything with the file(s) in question ), you can always upload it/them to www.virustotal.com, and see what results they give you.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by Ai Haibara
    If one of SUPER's components is being quarantined, that means nothing can use or access that file - not even SUPER. So, SUPER may technically not be running properly, or be able to convert properly, as one of its components is 'missing.'

If you want to be sure (and McAfee actually lets you do anything with the file(s) in question ), you can always upload it/them to www.virustotal.com, and see what results they give you.
    Well I wouldn't worry about it cuz it does function properly. I'll only do those things u said once it starts acting all weird. I'll try scanning it with that site real quick tho.

Edit: I uploaded SUPER.exe to the scanner thing and here's the link to it:

http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/9c37d8c5cd29613e8cccdf9ae0ed461f
    Quote Quote