VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just bought a JVC Everio MG330 (hard drive camcorder, standard definition, 30GB drive)

So far so good. Haven't had a chance to test it outdoors in good light yet (under a severe thunderstorm right now, doh!)

But I've noticed that when you hit the START/STOP button, each time it starts recording to a new file.

Is there any way to set it up in certain situations to have it CONTINUE recording to the SAME file which pushing start/stop?

example: if I'm recording say my nephew's birthday, and want to 'pause' the recording for a few seconds in order to change location / pick something up /etc/etc/etc... is there any way it can keep the current file open and continue recording to that same file when I do a STOP/START ?? I know I can just merge them in my video editor on the computer, but it would be much easier to work with one single file instead of 20+ smaller ones that are just going to be put in the same continuous video anyway.

??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    well, everybody wants it differently
    I'd first look in your owners manuel for an answer
    most want the files separate (your default) which makes it easier to edit
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by zoobie
    well, everybody wants it differently
    I'd first look in your owners manuel for an answer
    most want the files separate (your default) which makes it easier to edit
    Yah, the manual says nothing about it

For times like say I'm filming an event, maybe I dunno, a drag contestand I don't want to record all the setup/delay time in between, just the actually racing... that's just an example, but for other things like that. It would be nice to be able to just continue on with the current file instead of having maybe 20 or 50 or whatever, smaller files.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think theres a few cap programs you can set...perhaps even windv
    Quote Quote