VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Okay I've tried all the researching I can but I can't find out what's wrong with my card.

I have an older PC, but it still works well:
    Gateway Windows 98SE
    Pentium III 733
    7200 20GB HD 11 GB free
    128MB SDRAM

I don't know how the exact model of my WinTV card, but its as old as my computer and the driver is from Hauppauge in 2000...it skips a lot when I record video with the Hauppauge application

1. I treid Hauppauge's new VFW drivers and there was no skipping at all, but they gave my really bad horozontial lines

2. I found out my old driver was wdm so I tried their new wdm driver...and capturing didn't work...

3. So I tried VirtualDub with my original driver and it worked perfectly BUT it only worked once and now when I got to File>Capture AVI my entire system freezes!

If Someone has had the same problem with VirtualDub or knows what the problem is, please hlpe me.

BTW- I'm capturing a concert I taped on a 8mm camera with S-video input. For capping I'm using HuffYUV codec and capping 352x240, 29.97fps, mono 16-bit sound....

Thanks if you can offer any help

-Rob
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Try this http://www.hauppauge.de/nanodvr.htm

I use it with a WinTV2000 to capture to Mpeg1 files, works very well. Other than that WINTV2K and capture to DivX

Your WinTV2000 card has some softwear to tell you what card you have "prodinfo.exe" installed in the folder.
    Quote Quote