VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I'm really sorry if this is the wrong forum for this, I have searched and searched and this one seemed to be the most promising, sincerely sorry if this is not NERO help.

I've been trying to copy a DVD of my Fathers Funeral to send to his brother in another state. As this is a DVD the Funeral Director gave to us - of the funeral service, I cannot imaging that it is copyrighted, and I don't get that error anyway.

I use a laptop, so the CD/DVD player/burner is the same unit.
    Everything goes along perfectly normally, (preparing/copying the disc), then it asks for the blank disc, it then checks the disc and rejects it, with the message that it needs to be a DVD R/RW disc (I was using DVD/R). So today I purchased a DVD+RW blank disc and tried it with that, but it gave me the same error message.

Wants me to insert DVD R/RW - or change my settings (doesn't say what settings to change).

I have taken the tic out of 'check for correct disc format before burning'.

I have never had a problem burning/copying CD's, so I am pretty sure the burner works.

Does anyone have any ideas? I am desperate as my Fathers brother was too old and ill to come to the funeral, and he is getting no peace or closure. We hope that being able to see the funeral will help him come to terms with the death of my Dad, so he can start getting over it. Please, I hope someone can help me, and once again, I am really sorry if this is not the right forum.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    As this is not a protected disc, I would suggest you use DVD Decrypter - ISO -> Read, ISO -> Write. ISO -> Read will take an image of the original disc to your HDD. ISO -> Write will burn it to DVD.

Personally, I have no time at all for Nero.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try copy with something else and see if it works better, like try imgburn.

And I guess that DVD R/RW just means a dvdr or dvdrw.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok, thanks, I'll see if I can find that and give it a try.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hmmm well, there you go *sigh*
    Did exactly the same thing with Win DVD Copy, exactly the same discs, and it worked!!! Thank heavens, now we can post the disc. I've been trying to get this to work for about 3 weeks now, I can't believe I didn't think to try a different program earlier
    Thankyou very much for your help!
    Quote Quote