VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm looking for a program that will transfer the content of my DV tape to the computer in as many files as there clips or scenes on the tape, and that will call each clip or scene by the date on which it was taken. Premiere Elements does not do it. ULead does not do it. Exsate DV Capture does do it, but my anti-spyware program warned me that Exsate by trying to log keys. WinDV also does what I want, but does not seem to give me any choice as to where on my computer I will save the files. Any suggestions? Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    winDV - click the little square button next to capt. file and navigate to where you want to save the files. name the file(s) and then you can set how the date is appended in config.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kapital
    I'm looking for a program that will transfer the content of my DV tape to the computer in as many files as there clips or scenes on the tape, and that will call each clip or scene by the date on which it was taken. Premiere Elements does not do it. ULead does not do it. Exsate DV Capture does do it, but my anti-spyware program warned me that Exsate by trying to log keys. WinDV also does what I want, but does not seem to give me any choice as to where on my computer I will save the files. Any suggestions? Thank you.
    use......SCENALYZERLIVE
    Quote Quote  
  4. WinDV is free, though.

Our own software is also free and will do the same thing but for kapital's needs, WinDV is an excellent option.
    John Miller
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVdate is another free option that, from the write-up, does all that is needed.
    There is some corner of a foreign field that is forever England: Telstra Stadium, Sydney, 22/11/2003.

Carpe diem.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, Johnny, I'll wander over and take a good look since it's free for personal use. Just a thought, 2-sec quick glance (literally) and "(Save $50 before April 2007)" probably needs updating on http://www.enosoft.net/products/enodvproc/dvproc_overview.htm
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks to everyone.

But now I am getting an alert from my anti-spyware program about WinDV, too, saying that the program is logging keys. This is not great.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My version doesn't suffer from that and I use the latest and greatest Trend 2008. Where did you download your WinDV from ? And which anti-spyware ?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I downloaded WinDV at http://windv.mourek.cz/.

The anti-spyware I use is Spyware Doctor, but the key logging was detected by Threatfire (a companion program of SD).

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kapital
    But now I am getting an alert from my anti-spyware program about WinDV, too, saying that the program is logging keys. This is not great.
    That's extremely surprising. WinDV has been around for a long time, used and trusted by many many people with no ill reports.

I strongly suspect it's a false notification from your Threatfire program. Still, you will want piece of mind which is fair enough - search / post in a security forum for confirmation.
    There is some corner of a foreign field that is forever England: Telstra Stadium, Sydney, 22/11/2003.

Carpe diem.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just downloaded it and did a binary file compare of the zip file with my previously downloaded version - and they're identical.

My version doesn't suffer from that and I use the latest and greatest Trend 2008 anti-virus and anti-spyware.

I'm in the corporate IT game and we had never used your "anti-" programs. I suggest you swap to some more mainline ones. Pay for Trend, you won't regret it.
    Quote Quote