VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Apologies first up -I posted similar comment in the Newbie section before realising it should be here (better go back and delete that one!). Here's the thing. I thought I would be able to use the program to prepare the MP2 or MP4 files my AVERTV hybrid card produces from HD tv - but try as I might, I keep getting an error message that the file (identified in the log as an MPEG2 file) is not able to be imported. So, can any tell me, am I able to use this program to burn my HD files to DVD or not, please?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Should work fine. Can you give us more info on the files you are trying to use? Can you post the log file?
    Dwight

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
    - Herm Albright

www.martialconcepts.com
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the replies - I tried HDTV2DVD first, actually, but as I couldn't get it to accept any files at all I downloaded the SVCD2DVD demo as it is suggested on their website that this has more functionality. I have included a screenshot of the error message I get.

Quote Quote  
  4. That warning looks like the program is not detecting any audio for the file. Can you open the file in Gspot and post a screenshot of the result?
    Dwight

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
    - Herm Albright

www.martialconcepts.com
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Many thanks for your assistance. Interesting that you noted the issue with audio. I have found it difficult to always have the audio play from my HD files from TV source (my only source of HD btw, so I don't know if any other HD source would behave similarly). I have had both PowerDVD and AVS media inform me that their software cannot play (or edit, in the case of AVS) HD files so I put the problem down to their software. Your comment makes me think there may be another problem lurking somewhere! I can play HD files through K-lite's Classic Media player and generally they play well through Aver's software (much more reliably the longer I have been using the latest download). I do have the latest drivers for my Realtek AC97 audio too. As you can see I have run the file through GSpot (interesting name for such a program...) Looking forward to your comments.

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It is the fact that the audio is not detected that file fails to load. This may not be the case with the latest build (in development). Can you put a sample somewhere for me to grab & test?
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am uploading a file to filesend.net - it's only 20mb, so only about 20 seconds of movie. It doesn't look HD as it's old file footage but it's definitely recorded in HD. I am trying to get it done asap as I have changed service providers and we will lose broadband for a couple of weeks any day now. I will advise the link when the file uploads. Please note that I may even lose all Internet for a short time so if you post but I don't reply for a while then that's the reason. I should also tell you, when I was using a trial of a commercial PVR (Rik's, of Australian origin), which created the output as a .TS file, there was no problem placing it as an asset in SVCD2DVD, but nothing happened at all when I tried to put it into HDTV2DVD. Thanks for your help.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok - here's the download link: http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=9ef70fa1691a1024a07b21726366273b
    It's actually some cricket, not the footage I described in my previous post. Cheers.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Chrissyboy - just wondering - any feedback on that file I posted?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry about the delay - i have been away on business this last week.

I had the same issue as you on the mpg you sent. However i was able to progress and produce a high quality DVD from it...

Here is what you need to do. Install avisynth. Create a text file (in notepad or whatever) with the single line:

Code:
    DirectShowSource("G:\1Work\TestArea\HD\HD_file.mpg")
    Obviously change the path to your file accordingly

Then save it with a .avs extension:

Load this file into SVCD2DVD rather than the .mpg and process as normal.

I also had to force the DVD to 16:9 by choosing the following in settings:

Let me know how you get on...
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ChrissyBoy - success! Well, to a point. Just after creating a cd a few minutes before trying your suggestions, my DVD burner died (talk about timing!) Anyway, I followed your instructions and now have a file ready to burn. Once I get a new burner in I will let you know how it went. Many thanks for your advice, I would never have figured what you suggested to do in a month of Sundays. Internet is still out for a week or so at home so it wil be a few days before I am back at work with net access, so I should get back to you Monday or Tuesday. Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hmm - seem to have hit a snag and don't know why, with the file I originally sent you and any new file I create (such as the one with the error message in the attached jpg). Could you please have a look at the error message - I am concerned that I now have the avisynth file seemingly creating NTSC rather than PAL and I'm getting the 0 Audiocount again- and I don't know why as I haven't changed any settings in SVCD2DVD other than the forcing of the 16:9. Bewildered.

Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ChrissyBoy, re my last posting, just wondering if I am doing anything really dumb by not getting PAL. I have checked all my settings in both TV capture and SVCD2DVD and everything seems set to be PAL, yet I keep getting the NTSC result. Still bewildered!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ok. Is the sample you sent me coming out NTSC too?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, I seem to have got things working! I found that by giving the file a different name to the one generated by the TV card and then putting the .avs extension that I can load the asset into the program. That should put an end to it, although I haven't burnt a disk yet as I actually need to buy a few extra DVD disks. Hopefully the files will burn witha as much success as you had with the file I sent you. Many thanks for your help.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Burnt a DVD tonight. Picture AND sound! Couldn't get it to search, so will play around with the instructions and see if I can burn it with different attributes and get a better result. I do find it odd that the only way I can get an attribute to initially load into the program is by changing the original name, then saving it with AVS. Anyway, slowly getting there!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well drop me an email and i will send you a build which may make life a little easier...
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ChrissyBoy - I've sent you an email. Cheers.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Recieved and replied to....
    Quote Quote