VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guys!

I have 3 mpg files that i am trying to convert to dvd, my usual method would be to load the file into convertxtodvd and author the final output using TMPGEnc DVD Author, But for some reason when loading the 3 files in convertx it tells me that all 3 clip are only 5mins long when in fact the 1st 2 are over 1hr and the final is over 30mins. If i begin the convertion then it will convert the 1st clip but only part of it.

I tried converting the files using TMPGEnc Xpress but get a similar problem, any ideas whats could be causing this and how i can fix it?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    And can you play them fully with WMP ?

if so, you could import a AVISynth script in VSO ConvertXtoDVD using DirectShowSource
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I would first check them with Gspot 2.70 and make sure they are DVD compliant. See 'WHAT IS' DVD to the upper left for the specifications.

If they are compliant, the files may be corrupted, maybe from a bad join or cut. Your software players may not notice it. You could try to put one in a video editor and find the area where it quits and examine the frames. I've used VirtualDub Mod for that. It may also tell you about timeline problems or bad joins.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Or maybe try repair the mpgs with videoredo using the quickstream fix.
    Quote Quote