VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm trying to rip my dvd library onto my computer for portable devices. (iPhone,iPod) I've been using Mac the Ripper to rip the DVD's onto my computer and then I'm trying to use ffmpegx to convert the 4-5 GBish video_ts file that I get from Mac the Ripper, into a single file format (divx, .mov)

I honestly have no idea what I'm doing and so I just dropped my video_ts file into ffmpegx and hit encode.

The resulting .avi was a super zoomed in fuzzy version of the movie. for example, a normal scene where a guys head would be on the bottom left hand side of the camera shot, occupying 25% of the screen is now fully zoomed in so the picture is of the guys hair (does that make sense?)

so basically, I need to know the easiest way to go from Video_TS to a usable movie file, that I can later convert for iPod

thanks guys.

theres an attached screen shot showing how distorted the movie is. Its supposed to be a shot of a guy

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I use DVDFabDecrypter to rip and then AVI.net to convert into avi files.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    mac user.

ask in the mac section and be more specific about the steps you've taken and the settings you've used.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Moving you to our mac section.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Handbrake will convert your VIDEO_TS folder straight to iPod specs or to whichever flavour of MPEG-4 you'd prefer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The only reason I can think of, that a movie would come out that way, is when the autocrop feature went wrong. The autocrop looks at the non-black area at the given timecode. The default is 00 min 30 sec. If that is just the opening titles or a very dark scene, it may make a wrong crop. Try autocrop at a time corresponding with a bright(er) scene. See also the filters page on the ffmpegX website for details on autocrop.
    Quote Quote