VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I searched around and what I mostly found indicates I can't do this on a Mac, maybe someone can help me find out? My knowledge is limited at best, so hopefully I am missing something obvious.
    I downloaded a DVD and instead of the usual video folder, I got a ISO file ( .nrg / nero ).
    I have a Mac ( OS 10.4 ) and Toast 6.1......I have tried a bunch of things, including the Burn program, but so far all I have only made 5 coasters. I read some things here but it seemed to refer to image discs and not a dvd / iso
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Moving you to our mac forum section where you might get better help from some mac gurus.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm pretty sure Toast 7 and upwards have built in support for .nrg but if you're having problems, try nrg2iso.

Can you use Toast to mount the original image ? If so you could just drag out the VIDEO_TS folder and burn a disc from that.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If it is a well-behaved ISO (some aren't) Toast 7 or 8 will
    mount it. Then you can burn from it.
    Al Bloom
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks fro the replies, it seems like with Toast 6..... I may be stuck.
    If I drag the file into nrg2iso, it aborts saying the file is already an ISO.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Rename the file to xxxx.iso (where xxxx is the name of your file) and then burn with Toast or Disk Utility.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the tip, but can you tell me how to set up Toast? Usually I would select the DVD-ROM ( UDF ) option under Data, and create an AUDIO_TS folder and then drag my VIDEO_TS folder into Toast and burn.
    I am not sure what mode to burn the XXXX.ISO .....I don't think it will work with my typical burn setup.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by babybreese
    Thanks for the tip, but can you tell me how to set up Toast? Usually I would select the DVD-ROM ( UDF ) option under Data, and create an AUDIO_TS folder and then drag my VIDEO_TS folder into Toast and burn.
    I am not sure what mode to burn the XXXX.ISO .....I don't think it will work with my typical burn setup.
    With Toast you should go under "Copy" mode, not "Data" mode (because you are copying a Disc, not creating a new one), then choose "Physical image" and select your ISO file.

With Mac OS X Disk Utility, go to the menu "Images" > "Burn…" and select your ISO file. It's just as simple as that.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I created a simple Applescript droplet to make this process somewhat easier. Check it out here:
    http://geek.thinkunique.org/2007/07/17/dvd-image-utility/ (scroll to the bottom to download)

You simply drop your ISO/IMG onto the droplet, insert a blank disc, and it will burn.

Another feature is that it will also create DVD image files.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nice work Artemis. It wil burn a cd iso, too. I just copied ArkLinux install iso to a cd and it ran fine.
    Quote Quote