VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There is no audio in my menu i created using Tmpgenc Dvd Author. I have already tried both Tmpgenc Dvd Author 1.6 and TSUNAMI Tmpgenc Dvd Author Pro 2.0. What is the problem???

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What type of menu ?

TDA 1.6 requires the menu to be a motion menu for it to have audio, so you will have to encode some video (even if it is just a still image) to go with the audio, then tell TDA it is a motion menu.

TDA 2.0 should support the addition of audio, however it probably has to be DVD compliant first.

What type of audio is it ?

Finally, depending on how TDA structures the DVD when authoring, strange things can happen with audio if you mix formats in a single VTS. So if the menu has a different type of audio (say, AC3) to any title it might share in the VTS (say, mpeg1 layer2) then one format will not play.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I already tick the motion menu box. And the video for my menu i used is mpg type. After i finish encode, i try to play the dvd files. But the result is there is motion but no audio (for menu only). The episodes is not affected.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    IIRC, TDA is picky on audio format for menu audio. Think it wants MP2 only (but can be AC3 or LPCM too - don't remember). But I'm quite sure on it only accepts one of the DVd compliant audio formats.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The following is extracted from the help file for TDA 2 and should help.

"The DVD-Video standard uses one of the following three audio formats: Linear PCM (LPCM), Dolby Digital (also referred to as AC3), and MPEG-1 Audio Layer 2 (also referred to as MP2)."

"TMPGEnc DVD Author 2.0 supports two-channel Linear PCM and MP2. Additionally, it supports 5.1 channel Dolby Digital input and 2.0 channel Dolby Digital output. Any 5.1 Dolby Digital audio will remain untouched if you just use the cut-edit and chapter marker functions in TMPGEnc DVD Author 2.0. Otherwise, 5.1 channel Dolby Digital sound will automatically be mixed down to a 2.0 channel setup if you apply audio filters."
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    TDA2
    1.You can only apply audio settings to background (not to thumbnails, they stay silent)
    2.Audio settings are independent from video source used for motion background. Maybe you simply didn't select the audio source. Try to check the box called like 'use audio from background source file'. If at leaving the audio setting tab you get a warning that audio settings are not finalized, click on 'move to beginning' arrow on audio range selection timeline. Test the results in DVD preview window.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thx guys! Now i can created the menu with sound. thx again.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just for the record (and the benefit of others, present and future) - What did the trick?

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i dont know what did it for him but i had the exact same problem and can see what was wrong from reading this already. i was makig a menu with ONE thunmbnail (motion) on it. once authored the mani menu had motion (the thumbnail not the whole menu) but no audio. that is my problem and im guessing same problem the previous person had. i was looking at that as a motion menu when it looks like audio will only work if i use a video clip for the ACTUAL menu background.

cheers.
    Quote Quote