VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

I changed a dvd menu backgound by VobBlanker and pgcedit. ( I only edit menu )
    usually there is an object ( something like a pointer ) next to buttons in still menus that shows button is ready to be selected. ( like a circle, star and etc )

but when i changed background that objet disappeared.

everything in menu works fine but i want to bring that object back or make a new one just like that object.

what should I do to bring that object back?

any help can be useful...
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi-

Although you named the 2 (very good) programs you used, you didn't provide any detail explaining how you did it. Maybe my guide will help. If the menus are static, scroll to the bottom of the long post to The Easy Way. If they are motion menus you edited and replaced, see if you left anything out from the complete guide. I suspect you didn't copy over the menus and color schemes (Step 1, Exporting, and Step 6, Importing), but you didn't provide enough information to be sure:

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic313743.html?sid=3ffba138d519addb692885876283e1e7#1606732
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    dear manono
    as a matter of fact I read all your helpful guide.

in this way I changed the menu:

i made a bmp picture by mspaint.
    then I convert it to .vob using muxman.
    after that i extract all menu option codes using pgcedit.
    then i changed the menu background by VobBlanker. ( step 5. Replacing. of your guide )
    after that that I reinsert all menu options to the menu by pgcedit.

in static menus when you want to select a button to play your movie next to the selected button something like a circle or a star or etc will show up. like the left picture.
    but after all things i said nothing appears. like the right one.

what should I do to bring back that blue check?

Quote Quote  
  4. OK, if I understand you correctly, you have a static menu, and it should become very easy. Scroll down to The Easy Way at the bottom of the guide and follow the instructions.

You already have the edited BMP, and you just have to stick it back into the right menu. You only need to use VobBlanker. Open the DVD and first go Settings->Configure Paths. Point the way to your Muxman.exe and to a temporary work folder. After that highlight the VTS with the Menu, hit the "Menu" button over on the right, highlight the menu in the new screen so they all appear in the bottom half, highlight the one you are replacing and hit "Cells" on the right. Another new screen appears, you highlight your menu again, hit "Still" over on the right, and drag and drop your edited menu in there. Check the audio box, if there's audio. Hit "OK" or "Apply" to get back to the main screen and "Process". This is all illustrated by pictures in the main guide. I think you are following the full guide. I don't know why it's not working for you, but if it isn't, try the easier way. Good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hello

i chnaged the menu background ( the picture ). when i play dvd on a dvd player to watch on TV everything works fine but the pointer next to buttons does not appear. like the picture above.
    what should i do to bring that check back?
    how can I make anew pointer?
    is this possible to make a new pointer?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Perhaps someone else can help. Unless and until you provide some useful information (besides just saying, "when i play dvd on a dvd player to watch on TV everything works fine but the pointer next to buttons does not appear"), I'll retire from your problem. Good luck.
    Quote Quote