VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

Longtime (seems like a long time anyway...) user here. I'll soon be selling ad placement on my site http://www.tornadohistoryproject.com, but don't really know how to go about doing it. I was just curious if Videohelp uses some kind of ad serving tool and, if so, what is it and would you recommend it?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yep, I use www.phpadsnew.com . Free, easy and has many features....but I have never tried anything else so I can't really say if it's the best out there.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    and I haven't updated it in some years as I just noticed that they have changed name.... .. but probably still much the same.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks! I'll check it out. Since my site went live 1 or 2 months ago I've been using AdSense, but I'd like sell ad space directly to potential advertisers so that the ads are more in line with the subject matter.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I ran across the software Baldrick mentioned myself, basically trying to do the same thing you are. Just my .02 but I found it overly complex for a small site serving a few ads. I mean you can literally serve ads to hundreds of sites using that software. Anyhow a simple php script that serves ads one at time per page load shouldn't be that hard to find or make. Random would be easy (even I can write that :P ) but you'd want something that was going to track what was served so they were evenly distributed, probably require a database entry...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can always try http://adspro.mhfmedia.com
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote