VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just like it says in the title. Got this because my Panasonic DMR E55 died. It was always finicky, it was getting so that I would have to bang on it so that it would be able to accept the blank dvd put into. It was always going into standby mode. I got the Philips from Wal Mart on Saturday, it occurred to me there was no pause on this. I guess I could stop it for every commercial break and it could make a new chapter, but is there a smoother way to get rid of all the commercials from tv shows?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The only way I found to delete is to make a chapter mark before and after the stuff, then delete the chapter... takes about three minutes, each item, because every time you hit the edit button it goes back to the beginning of the disc.
    -- Geo :: I play ALL my * .AVI files on my Philips DVP642 !!!
    Save your URLs and share URLs -- FURL your links at http://www.FURL.NET/
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    But, there IS a pause button. You can hit pause -- the button looks like || -- and then REC. Works great, especially saving TiVo content.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ya, I found it like an hour after I posted on here. I had to read the manual, and go in deep, they really don't tell you some of the functions on the remote legend. So if you don't really need to use the pause for your recordings, like just when you record movies, you wouldn't have known about it.
    Quote Quote