VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have been reading the guides and ruining dvd rips all week, wasting more time re-ripping. My goal is to take two clips, join them into one seamless titleset then burn with chapter points in tact (or not, having probs creating new chaps in TDA too). The area where they are joined (using VobEdit) is ALWAYS a problem. IfoEdit hasn't fixed it and PgcEdit can never create an optimal layer break for DL burning. When I THINK it has worked, meaning opened in MediaPlayerClassic and DVDShrink (which hasn't been often), the chapters are all screwed. Either all chapters appear there and length of movie is correct, but stops short OR only just over half the chapters are there. TDA has not done me much good either. Even FixVTS has been useless. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

Using DVDShrink in Reauthor mode to rip each clip from discs. Shortcoming with Shrink is that it can only create multiple titlesets within the DVD, causing longer than desired pauses between clips.

Oh, and if my file needed re-encoding, CCE w/ DVD-RB always fails rebuilding at the halfway mark (probably exactly where they were joined) buffer overflow #0003.

And yes, at this point, I am keeping the vts count within 9.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    the tool i use to fix most of the problems you have is dvdlab pro. after joining 2 clips with vobedit, ii mport into dvdlab and use the tool - rewrite gop timecode. that will complete the transformation into one seemless movie. chapters will be toast but i use the auto chapter function of dvdlab and it finds enough most times. you can manually put back the originals if you have the time.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. @aedipuss - whenever I join clips in VobEdit then just open Vob's in TDA it always throws up an error at the fifth one (out of eight) unless I create the Ifo's first then just open dvd source. Has that ever happened to you w/ dvdlab pro? the whole gop timecode thing may just be my issue...
    EDIT: I see DVDLab Pro 1.6 has a 30 day trial, any tips?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    no. once it's been joined into one set of vobs, dvdlab takes is and demuxes it to elementary streams. then i use the timecode fix on the mpv. hasn't failed yet, but i have only done a dozen or so..... may be worth a shot. dvdlab also has a setting for dvd-9 so it doesn't complain about any size under 8.5gb
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. Will it still process if ever so slightly over 8.5 (for shrinking later since cannot prior due to errors)? I notice TDA will complain, but process up to 8.99GB (9 vob's).
    Quote Quote