VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. How can I multiplex ac3 and m1v files to MPEG1?
    I need a free software that can do that, Because when I wanted to multiplex the files in TMPGEnc (mpeg tools) I got an error.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try ImagoMPEGMuxer. If it doesn't work try bbMPEG. It is not bad idea to rename you m1v as mpv.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I downloaded ImagoMPEGMuxer but the this software can only save as MPEG2, but I want to save the ac3 + m1v files as MPEG1.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Try bbMPEG as Abond suggested. You should be aware that if you are trying to make a VCD that AC3 is not valid for it. Maybe you aren't, but I wanted to point that out in case you didn't know.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Actually I wanted to create VCD with AC3. But now I know that I can't do that.
    Can I create SVCD with AC3?
    Quote Quote  
  6. I created VCD with AC3. But I don't know if it will works in my DVD player.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    no, vcd and svcd do not support ac3. but it might work in some players anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I don't know if I need to resample the sound to 44100. because 44100 is the standtart of VCD. and 48000 is the standart of AC3.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sample rate is not the bottle neck. The bottle neck is that very few players support (S)VCD with AC3 at all.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  10. If I will create VCD with sound MPEG-1 Layer II (5.1 suround) it will works on my DVD Player?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by EC
    I don't know if I need to resample the sound to 44100. because 44100 is the standtart of VCD. and 48000 is the standart of AC3.
    Actually, IIRC, the AC3 standard supports 32, 44.1, and 48k. It's usually just what your application/consumer mm standard allows that is the limiting factor.

BTW, I've touched on trying to mux AC3 w/ VCD or SVCD before.

My advice, DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME.

also note--Mpeg1Layer2 is 1 or 2 channel only, no 5.1 allowed. What you might be thinking of is Mpeg2Layer2.5 (5.1 and 7.1 allowed also, LF and RF backwards compatible w/ 2 ch)

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  12. Or you can use Dolby Pro Logic, if your source it's Dolby Pro Logic.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Hyper Shinchan
    Or you can use Dolby Pro Logic, if your source it's Dolby Pro Logic.
    Saying that is just going to confuse people, because they might begin to think that ProLogic is a file format. It isn't. It's just a matrixing scheme applied to 4 channels that results in Stereo-compatible-2channels, but is recoverable to 4 (or 5). PL/PLII can be present in ANY 2-channel file--AC3, PCM, WAV, MP2, AAC, MP3, OGG, WMA, etc.

If you're saying "You can take your 5.1 channel material, and downmix/matrix it to 2channels (PL) to make it compatible with all (S)VCD players and still have surround", then yes, that's a great idea.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  14. If you're saying "You can take your 5.1 channel material, and downmix/matrix it to 2channels (PL) to make it compatible with all (S)VCD players and still have surround", then yes, that's a great idea.
    Yes, it's that I wanted to say, but I'm not very good to give explanation, and I don't ahve a 5.1 system yet.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    http://hypercubemx.free.fr/html/how_to_make_5_1__svcd.html

http://www.uwasa.fi/~f76998/video/svcd/faq/#2

FWIW, SVCD spec does support 5.1 audio track. You lose the multi audio stream option when you use 5.1, however. If you stick with stereo, you can have two distinct audio streams.

Ie. you could have an SVCD with English + Spanish stereo audio, or a single 5.1 audio track (in whatever language you decide upon).

Of course, you could go mono and stick 4 languages on the track too, but you'd have to mux left and right channels together for each audio stream, then select a specific channel during playback, or left and right will overlap if played together.
    /\/\ars /\/\ayhem
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by marsmayhem
    SVCD spec does support 5.1 audio track.
    5.1 AC3?Doubt that, but even if it's a fact, it seems like not many players support that part of the specs, which makes it a rather academic question...

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The problem is more that the SVCD authoring packages don't really support it, so not many people have had a simple way of using it.

Perhaps it costs more for the package authors to license the 5.1 tech. Not disimilar to MPEG2 licencing fees.
    /\/\ars /\/\ayhem
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey, you edited your post

No, SVCD spec doesn't support AC3. It's a competitor to Philips MPEG, and since Philips created the SVCD spec, they didn't see fit to include a competing audio codec.
    /\/\ars /\/\ayhem
    Quote Quote  
  19. SVCD does not support AC3. It does support multi-channel MPEG. IF, and I repeat IF, you create such a file, have the required multi-channel support on your DVD player AND on your amp, and actually get it to work, you would be the very first person I have seen to report such success.

It's an interesting way to waste several hours, but depending on your source, most likely not worth the hassle.

SFAIK, a prologic type file is the best you can do with SVCD.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by Nelson37
    SVCD does not support AC3. It does support multi-channel MPEG. IF, and I repeat IF, you create such a file, have the required multi-channel support on your DVD player AND on your amp, and actually get it to work, you would be the very first person I have seen to report such success.

It's an interesting way to waste several hours, but depending on your source, most likely not worth the hassle.

SFAIK, a prologic type file is the best you can do with SVCD.
    I quote all. I've wasted several hours about it and I'm not capable to find a player and an amp. that support MPEG multichannel. Also I think that there sn't any software that decode MPEG multichannel, or am I wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  21. I believe Philips made a compatible DVD player and amp, but not positive.

Not sure about software to DEcode, finding software to ENcode is tough enough. I vaguely remember finding something that claimed to work, but without the required hardware I didn't pursue it any further.

Now this MIGHT work on a PC, with WinDVD or some such. Never investigated this possibility as I don't have 5.1 speakers on the PC, either.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If someone wants to futz with this further, perhaps the following link might prove useful:

http://hypercubemx.free.fr/html/mpeg_multichannel_test.html
    /\/\ars /\/\ayhem
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by Nelson37
    I believe Philips made a compatible DVD player and amp, but not positive.

Not sure about software to DEcode, finding software to ENcode is tough enough. I vaguely remember finding something that claimed to work, but without the required hardware I didn't pursue it any further.

Now this MIGHT work on a PC, with WinDVD or some such. Never investigated this possibility as I don't have 5.1 speakers on the PC, either.
    I've just Power DVD on my PC, and it say that my SVCD 5.1 (but I'v never tried them on a regular Philips's DVD player and amp) have just MPEG I Layer 2 audio. But at this time I'm not longer intertested in it.
    Quote Quote