VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi. I'm asking for just a little clue on this. I just want to author a VCD, having a correct MPEG-1 <80' to insert into it. Since I want to insert some chapters in the VCD movie, I'm using TSCV 0.84 beta rel.1 to author the VCD image.
    I would like to know this simple thing: I want that my movie's VCD1 to end by displaying the image 'Please Insert Disc 2' at the end of the 1st part of the movie and then stopping.
    Since it seems to me that the 'Import chapters from ..' part of the screen, for a <80' mpeg, is useless, I've understood so far that I just have , after I compiled the data for the mpeg ((S)VCD type, which mpeg I insert, chapters, and so on), to go to the 'MenuGen' screen, click on the button 'Load Pictures' which lies on the Photo-Slideshow Generator line, click 'add picture' on the following screen , load the .BMP file wich shows 'Please Insert Disc 2', click OK to go back to the main MenuGen screen, click the 'Convert them to still-mpeg', when the message 'All pictures are encoded !' appears I just have to click on the 'Paste them to the current (S)VCD'. It seems so simple that I'm doubting about it. Am I true? Please, don't make me to burn 1,000 coasters!
    Quote Quote  
  2. OK, I see that no relpy arrives so meybe this is not a known topic... by the way, I'm understanding that a 'still menu' must be placed at the beginning of the CD, that it before the movie and not after that.
    What I managed to do so fra is to create a MPG by loading the BMP as 'video input' and a WAV as 'audio input'.
    It works well, I can even make the VCD pause for a big time after the mpg', so the CD ends by showing it, but the draback is that the WAV cannot be a 'silence' or thet MPG cennot be loaded.
    Therefore, fot the 1st time (before the long pause I insert), I'm forced to hear the sound contained in the WAV I inserted (no big problem, but I was thinking if there was a 'cleaner' way to make the 1st (S)VCD end by showing the image 'Please Insert Disc 2').
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Look for the program DVD2SVCD at http://www.dvd2dvd.org. It's been a long time since I've used it because I abandoned SVCD in favor of DVD a couple of years ago, but the bundle always came with a file that does exactly what you want to do. It has a silent image saying "Please Insert Next Disc" or something close and you can put it at the end of your (S)VCD.
    VCDEasy (http://www.vcdeasy.org), which I strongly recommend for VCD/SVCD making, can convert files to MPG picture format and that might be a better solution for you than what you did. You won't need a sound file that way. I think what DVD2SVCD contains is simply a MPG still, but again, it's been 2+ years since I've used it.
    Quote Quote