VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi All

I am capturing recorded video from Sony MiniDV TRV27E camera using Windows Movie maker and also through Image Mixer software that came along with Sony handycam.

I can see the date and time of the video recorded on LCD of the handycam but the video captured on computer doesn't show the date. This is very crucial for me.

Please help me I am having sleepless nights trying to find out what to do?

Thanks in advance
    regards
    Amit
    Quote Quote  
  2. I have used DVTimeStamp very successfully. It is easy to use, very configurable (the fade-in/out is way cool) and is only ten bucks. It is listed under Tools here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use WinDV to capture - it's generally considered to be among the best DV "capture" apps.

As for getting the date / time stamp - search for each of those words in the "Tools" section, that's why there's a "Tools" section with a "Search" button...

There's about five that'll fit the bill - including free ones I believe.
    There is some corner of a foreign field that is forever England: Telstra Stadium, Sydney, 22/11/2003.

Carpe diem.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hi Daamon

Thanks for the reply, well I downloaded the WinDV but I can't see any "Tools" section with a "Search" button....I only see two tabs

1) Capturing From DV device
    2) Recording to DV device

Sorry if I am asking a foolish question....am I ?

Thanks again
    Amit
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Left panel <----- "Tools" link to the "Tools" section. There's a "Search" button near the top...
    There is some corner of a foreign field that is forever England: Telstra Stadium, Sydney, 22/11/2003.

Carpe diem.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.
    Quote Quote