VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi there!

I want to Re-encode a MPEG-1 movie with cce 2.5. because i have to do some changes to the vid i need to use avisynth.
    when i drag the following -avs into cce, it crashes down. (i'm using avisynth 2.5.5)

the avs ist:
    ---start
    LoadPlugin("MPEGdecoder.dll") -> loading the plugin
    MPEGSource("d:\convert\l.mpg") -> opening the mpeg-1 file

crop(0,112,-0,-112) #cutting some useless black stripes

LanczosResize(352,282)
    AddBorders(0,3,0,3) #resize and fit to pal vcd

ConvertToYUY2() #for cce
    ---end

i also tried to put the convert... line after the mpegsource line (i have to do so for AVISource) but that doesnt work, too.

now i dont have a guess what the problem is, because the script runs fine in VDub and TMPEGEnc.

cu
    chris
    Quote Quote  
  2. hi

i've downloaded v. 2.5 and copied it over my mpegdecoder.dll although it was the same file version and date. anyway it did not change anything.

thanks
    chris
    Quote Quote  
  3. I guess you don't have access to the original AVI file so what are you trying to change in the .MPG file? The video quality will almost certainly drop if you re-encode the .MPG file.
    Quote Quote  
  4. hi jyn999,

the video hast the resolution of 480X576, but black stripes on the top and the bottom which are around 112 pixel. and the video looks crouched (i mean the opposite of stretched, is it the right word?) in height. after cutting the bars and resizing it to vcd dimension this error is fixed, i tried it in tmpeg.

so this is the reason why i want to reencode it. by the way, the quality is not worse a lot after reencoding the viedeo because the "original" is pretty crappy.

anyway i wonder about another error now:

the original mpeg has 121532 frames. when i open my avs script in VDub, ich can view the whole movie, but vdub says it only has 60564 frames. when i open the avs in tmpg, it says same but encodes only half the movie.

so i wonder why the avs only leads to 50% less frames and why vduv views the whole movie with this 60000 frames and tmpg only encodes half of the movie.

might there be an error in the mpeg?

cya
    chris
    Quote Quote  
  5. You mentioned TMPGEnc. Check these guides

https://www.videohelp.com/tmpgencsvcd.htm This one is for SVCD

https://www.videohelp.com/tmpgenc.htm This one is for VCD

I seem to remember there was some kind of clipping filter in TMPGEnc that you access via Setting, Advanced which might do what the AviSynth Crop command does.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MPEG-1 needs no plug-ins just use
    directshowsource
    "The software said Win XP or better, so I Installed Linux"
    Quote Quote  
  7. hello lpn1160,

thank you rof the hint. i wanted to give it a try but it did not work.

i've used the following command to open the mpg-file:

DirectShowSource(d:\convert\l.mpg,fps=25,seek=FALS E,audio=FALSE,video=TRUE)

and the error message when using the script into virtual dub was:

script error: expected a , or )
    (D:\convert\MPEG1Source.avs, line 1 column 19)

i wonder about that because i think i used the command correctly.
    anyway i tried to open the mpg with WMP and WMP crashes every time. might it be that an error in WMP might cause this error?

greetings
    chris
    Quote Quote  
  8. Have you tried to reencode with the "Unlock.MCF" template in TMPGEnc? You can change a lot of settings (including the video sizing) for your .MPG file with that template.
    Quote Quote  
  9. hi jyn999,

i post in the newbie but i've some experience in video encoding already. so i also used tmpgenc in "unlocked mode" before.

the problem is, that tmpgenc says that the file type of the mpg is unknown, although tmpenc should be able to open mpeg-1 files.

is it possible, that tmpgenc as well as avisynth and WMP open mpeg-1 with DirectShow? And if so, i think there might be an error in DirectShow on my computer.

So do you know with which software DirectShow comes? does it belong to win2k itself or direct x or something?

greetings
    chris
    Quote Quote  
  10. hey guys,
    here's an update. i searched trough windows' help and found, that direct show comes with DirectX 8oh wonder...). however, i installed the latest DirectX version 9c.

now TMPGEnc can read the MPEG-1 files again, but avisynth and wmp still can't. this is really amazing....

however, i can do the job now with the clipping function of tmpgenc but now i want to solve the other problem... that happens always to me, argh!

cu later
    chris

p.s. maybe it helps to use win2k's repair console to fix the error
    Quote Quote  
  11. I did a search on the forum for DIRECTSHOW and came up with over 200 hits. I don't know anything about DIRECTSHOW to filter further results so I'll leave that in your good hands
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For expert avisynth help go here:
    be prepared to answer a lot of question about the clip you have.
    go to forums "avisynth usage"

http://forum.doom9.org
    "The software said Win XP or better, so I Installed Linux"
    Quote Quote