VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. On some TV's I get a rainbowish red to blue looking type of 'glare' on certain images displayed.

When I play my DVD's xbox, or even regular tv on the tv sometimes things have a rainbowish texture to them especially on static, white things displayed and esp. on the egdes of the images.

Why is this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. What type of TV doe you have?

If you have a CRT TV do you have speakers close to them? The magnets (in unshielded speakers) can affect the picture. Try moving said speakers away from the TV a few feet.

If you have a CRT Rear Projection TV have you had it calibrated lately? They can and do go out of alignment (also know as convergence)

If you have a DLP rear Projection TV you may just be suceptable to the Rainbow effect (ie, the color wheel inside the TV spins with different color filters, some people can see the changes such manifest as a shimmering rainbow effect. Not all people notice it.)

Lastly, your TV may just be going Feet Up.

Otherwize, need more info.

-Suntan
    Quote Quote  
  3. Could also be sharpness set too high. Bring it down. There is a great DVD called "Video Essentials" that will help you setup (calibrate as someone else already said) your TV display. Sharpness is one of those things that is almost always set way too high from the factory. And it causes those "rainbow" artifacts you speak of.

If the artifacts are in your video, there is a "dot crawl" filter that basically eliminates it. It is amazing.

Darryl
    Quote Quote  
  4. Guest
    Originally Posted by dphirschler
    Could also be sharpness set too high. Bring it down. There is a great DVD called "Video Essentials" that will help you setup (calibrate as someone else already said) your TV display. Sharpness is one of those things that is almost always set way too high from the factory. And it causes those "rainbow" artifacts you speak of.

If the artifacts are in your video, there is a "dot crawl" filter that basically eliminates it. It is amazing.

Darryl
    I bought one of these and it didnt work with my DLP. I was told you really dont need these with dlps.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I wonder why. I can't imagine any display having "perfect" color, brightness, contrast, and sharpness settings right out of the box.

Darryl
    Quote Quote