VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello-

I am trying to convert AVI to VCD. Using TMPGEnc, I have loaded the VideoCD (NTSCFilm) format to create the mpg file, but when I create my video cd with Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum, the VCD's do not work in a DVD player with the VideoCD icon...

I did notice that under the details on the avi file, it shows the fps at 14.985 instead of the standards that I've read in conversion guides...

Can anyone help me?

Thank you.

Mikemillion
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    well i don't know if this'll help but, i use nero 5.X and it works fine on my dvd player. try using it and see the result.
    uneek, is a unique way of spelling it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanx for the info, but that (using Nero) did not work either. I was actually using nero before I started using Easy CD creator
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm curious as to how it "got by" the screening process that Adaptec/Roxio uses.(ie:when you add your file to the list..the window comes up saying whether all your settings are VCD compliant)??
    Did you have any ..!!!!! (exclamations marks)
    and I'm guessing that you could'nt have had any xxxx..
    because it would'nt allow the burn proces to start.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Well, I did not note any messages that you are speaking of, but I did do a search on this forum, and found a possible solution..

Setting the framerate to 2x, which I perceived as using the setting for 29.97fps in TMPGEnc... I will recreate the VCD after I do this conversion is complete and see if it works..

I'll keep you guys posted on my progress..

Mike
    Quote Quote  
  6. I found that Easy Cd seems to like files encoded with AVI2MPG rather than anything else

Quote Quote