VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. How can I findout if my movie is VCD or SVCD ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Vcd - 352x288 Pal, 352x240 NTSC ????
    Svcd - 480x576 Pal, 480x480 NTSC

I'm using PAL
    Quote Quote  
  3. Iam still confused - cant I check in a easy way
    Quote Quote  
  4. If you are playing the movie in Windows Media Player, you can right-click and view Properties. In the Advanced tab I think you should be able to see the resolution of the movie and also the codecs that are being used. If its 352x480 and mpeg1 it is vcd. If its 480x480 and mpeg2 it is svcd.
    Quote Quote  
  5. How do you open SVCD from Windows Media Player? Please help!
    Quote Quote  
  6. u need to install dvd software like powerdvd to play svcd...must be somic to do with codec or something..no matter if u dont have dvd rom...svcd better in powerdvd anyway hehe
    Quote Quote  
  7. I have tested to see the resoution to determine whether its SVCD or VCD and using MPEG2- PLayer I have found that both CD's are 352x288 but I can play on my home dvd and cannot play the other. However, I can play both on my PC-DVD . Help please
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thanks, - now what I have done is copied the movie from a VCD which did not work on my DVD home player and Iam trying to convert it into a different format (incase its a format issue). SO I converted it to MPEG and when trying to write it as NTSC format using Easy CD Version 5, its saying cannot fit on a CD.

The VCD that I copied it fom is on 3 CD's and I have just copied 1 CD. I was assuming that 1 CD would fit 1 CD and I dont have to split the file up. ANy ideas what Iam doing wrong or how I can progress from here
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Download and run Teco Ltd's Bit Rate Viewer from

http://www.tecoltd.com/bitratev.htm

It will tell you nearly every important parameter about your MPEG video stream you need to know and you will be able to give folks on VCDHelp some info.

PN
    Quote Quote  
  10. So I'm assuming that you didn't encode the MPEG yourself but d/loaded or got it from some unknown source. I would use the anaylze MPEG feature (under tools) in VCDEasy (http://www.doom9.org) it'll tell you the resolution, video and audio bitrates, MPEG1 or MPEG2, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Hmm - cant find vcdeasy ?, as the movies I had I got them from India, I tested them there before purchasing them and now I cant play them here could it be because they are xvcd ?
    Quote Quote