VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Since I started usind VCDEasy a few years ago I been using Fireburner and Nero to burn the .cue and .bin files the program output. I remember it took me a long time to find out what program could burn them and since then I haven't thought much about it until I came to talk with a friend at work about .bin-files. He said he tried rename the files to .iso and burned it and that it worked. I didn't think it could be true so I tested my self with a CVD and it did work, I was really suprised... It played on my standalone DVD-player but not in WinDVD on my computer though, wich I find quite strange.

So my question: are the .bin-files the same as .iso-files? It would seem pretty useless to have different file-extensions for the same file types... But this works similar with ReelDVD's .dvd-files too, just rename to .iso.

Any thoughts on the matter?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    They're not the same. Not all DVD players would accept a disc burned in the way you did.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I was just so suprised it worked at all. I wanted to check if someone know a little more about this "trick" and why it works. I guess bin and iso files must be quite similar but still not 100% compatible.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You should stick to using the cue file if compatability is at all important to you. As it is you're having trouble playing the disc in your PC.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, I'll stick with oridnary way of burning with the cue file. Or maybe sell it as a copyprotection idea for the deperate people at RIAA, hahaha!
    Quote Quote