VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi , when I play my movies at my home computer, the sound plays okay but my video does not play, is the problem that I do not have the right codecs cuz I'm not sure if I do or not. Is there another reason I'm missing?
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    give us soem more info
    are they films you have made yourself ie from a video recorder - is so how are you piping it in to your pc - video card, usb or what
    what are you using for playback.
    Is it a file you have burned or downloaded - if so the probable cause is a codec problem - if it is a divx for example and you do not have the divx codec installed you will likely get audio but no video on playback.

scattergun
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    it does sound like a codec problem but more info is needed
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hey, I'm having the same problem (newbie). I download some movies from Morpheus, and I'm only getting audio. Some say they're DIVX, and others say AVI. SOme I get audio and no picture, others just run the time and I get neither.

I've tried WMP (and I downloaded and installed Divx 4), GlobalDivx, Divx ("The Playa&quot, and WinDVD, and nothing is working!

HELP!
    Quote Quote  
  5. does anyone have any info now that we have more insite into our problem? pleeeaassse.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi
    OK if Gdivx don't play it then it is either an unplayable div x or your codecs are not installed right.
    Try the Krystal codec pack (kscodecsv433) However read the readme file thoroughly before you install. It is wise to unistall divx 3 or whichever version you have first and then install the codec pack - just use install.exe
    Have you tried to load up the divx (or whatever it is called avi extension is usually how things are saved with certain programs - or by lazy people like me, they won't all be divx files) in virtual dub to see if it can "see" any video data.
    Beyond this I'm afraid it will be difficult to help.
    get hold of a divx from somebody that you know will definitely play with media player or whatever and try it out or get someone else to download the file (or part of it) and try it out. I don't know about the morpheus site but if it's a download that you have to "blow up" after download with winrar have you considered the possibility that it has not been unrared properly.
    Hope you sort it out.
    regards

scattergun
    Quote Quote