VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I got an email from Liteon saying that they initially they thought they would have it by the end of Feb but they are not sure if they can meet that deadline. Meaning that it is a 50/50 chance they'll have it by the end of this month. Thought I'd pass the info along.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I am glade that they have not given up I am eager to install their final 0301 firmware.
    Quote Quote  
  3. hopefully they will take care of constant freezes i get with a beta
    Quote Quote  
  4. LOL wtf this is getting ridiculous.

wtf are they doing ? I mean, all they do is postpone the release
    1-2 moths at a time.

God i regret that i ever bought this piece of shit player.
    I bet if they ever release this firmware (which i highly doubt),
    that will be the last one. They wont continue supporting this player,
    mark my words.

d~
    Quote Quote  
  5. This is unbelievable and unacceptable!!!! There are only a few things to correct. How long can it take???? First it was going to be released in November, then in January, now not sure if it will be ready by theFebruary. And it probably won't even be compatible with Divx 5.1

I think we as users should all make a statement by sending Liteon our feelings via email. We have waited long enough. The firmware should have been finished before it was released. Don't they know that it's giving them a bad name. It already has in my books. I recommend a lot of equipment to people and I'll never recommend Liteon again.
    I'm disappointed.

Remember "squeaky wheel gets the grease" !!!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by tate
    This is unbelievable and unacceptable!!!! There are only a few things to correct. How long can it take???? First it was going to be released in November, then in January, now not sure if it will be ready by theFebruary. And it probably won't even be compatible with Divx 5.1

I think we as users should all make a statement by sending Liteon our feelings via email. We have waited long enough. The firmware should have been finished before it was released. Don't they know that it's giving them a bad name. It already has in my books. I recommend a lot of equipment to people and I'll never recommend Liteon again.
    I'm disappointed.

Remember "squeaky wheel gets the grease" !!!
    Well, I don't think they would care much for our emails..... their main product is computer dvd-rw and dvd+rw drives. I am very sceptical that the final firmware even if released would fix the major problems anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by absolutic
    I am very sceptical that the final firmware even if released would fix the major problems anyway.
    My thoughts exactly. There are problems and there are features. They seem to be trying to add some features, but will they fix the problems? The issues, IMO, are mostly with MPEG4 playback, and if they want to keep playing in the DivX market, they should at least try to fix some of the most annoying ones. The freeze-ups and the hang-ups while in the middle of the movie are totally unacceptable... Not being able to handle decent bitrates is just ridiculous.

I suspect the LiteOn engineers don't get enough feedback from the actual customers. Their customer service doesn't seem to exist, they don't answer emails (even if they read them, chances are the problem reports never get all the way to the firmware guys). The stock answer is: "Sorry, we'll fix it. When? Soon!" Oh well...
    Quote Quote  
  8. They used to listen to their customers but they got "too big" for that I guess. This is my last Liteon standalong dvd product. If I get another divx player, it would be YAMADA/UMAX or some MTK1389 based player.
    On the other hand, I have a 52X Cd-burner by Liteon and it is fabulous.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Wow, you guys really rip the shit out of poor Lite-On here.
    Ok, let's just think rationally for a few minutes before we go pouting. Players don't work as well as we would like them.

1. This is the first player made by lite-on. So of course development is slow. All of the work is groundbreaking for them. Maybe you should have waited for a later model.

2. They still support drivers for CD drives I bought 6 years ago. Lite-On has some very good customer service ideals, I allways bank of being able to get tech manuals, drivers, etc. off thier website.

3. I doubt highly they will end support entirely. They know they are only as good as their reputation, as do not wish to damage it.
    Quote Quote  
  10. nullshit
    i waited for the 2002 and so far same luck
    no upgrades
    but guess what?
    they have a new 2010 player, that i bet will still have same problems, lets sit and wait how angry do 2010 buyers get after their joy for having a brand new player goes away and they try to actually get it to work fine.

i also have had 2 burners they work great, but as for their dvd home players they totally suck!

if it wasnt enough they wont answer any mail and their page still shows november as the release date for the fw.
    Quote Quote