Hello, im trying to solve a problem in regards to my production which wont play on anything but the computer in which it was burnt. Although there is a strange xbox thing in which ill explain after.

My specs are:

P4 2.6ghz
1 gig ram
LG multi recorder dvd/cd burner

Software:
win xp home
sonfic foundary DVD architect
ulead video studio

I put together a dvd containing music videos i have as the main feature.
I have a main menu which links to the bands, extras or credits.

The BANDS menu takes you to a sub menu with the name of the bands and when you click on those you are taken to another sub menu with the songs available for that band.

I used ulead video studio to cut about 15-30 sec backgrounds of a song for that particular bands background.

The EXTRAS menu takes you to a submenu with a selection a few funny emails ive been sent, and some small DV movies of my band and camping trip. I used ulead video studio to capture those from the Digital video camera. The menu has a bitmap image as the background with a small wav file noise for the sound.

The CREDITS menu is just a BMP for the background with text over the top and a link to a second page which has a different BMP image and more text.

The MAIN MENU is a BMP image with text over the top and a small wave file containing a snippet of 'eruption' by Van Halen.

There is also an option for a screen before the Main Menu which i used and it is simply a BMP image with text overt he top.

My first attempt of burning didnt work on any player, but i discovered i had menus outside the 'safe' area when i used 'prepare'

So figuring that was the problem i moved all menus into the 'safe areas' and when i pressed prepare there were no errors or warnings just messages telling me my files would be compressed.

I thought this would work as the preview worked exactly as it should have. So i pressed prepare and Burn which renders the files, which took hours and then burnt it once the compression/encoding (is that what rendereing does?) was complete.

It finished (after about 5 hours) and said it was completed sucessfully! I was happy but found again the exact same problem as before. It did not play on any player (and i tested on about 5 different players ranging in price from about $60AUD to $500AUD. Not one of them could read the disc. Even the cheapo $60 player that reads everything the others cant couldnt read the disc.

The only exception was i gave it to a mate who tested it on his players and the only one it sort of worked on was his xbox console. I say sort of worked because apparently the menus dont work properly as it just cycles through the bands.

And when he selects the credits option he says it goes by so quick he cant read what it says. There are meant to be pages that you select to go through as i set it up and how it works on the preview.

It WILL play on the computer i burnt it on, but not on my laptop (2.8ghzm 1 gig ram, dvd reader (not burner), win xp pro).

Ive tried the following discs:
TDK DVD-r
i used 2 of them and none have workedm so i tried a
MAXELL DVD-RW
Again the same problem

I will keep trying but if anyone could assist me i would be greatly thankful as i have no idea why it is going wrong.

The preview works,
The prepare stage says there are no errors
and the Burn completes sucessfully.

I dont understand.

*** EDIT ***

The files i am burning consist of mainly mpegs and i think a couple of avi or asx? or is it asf? (only 1 of that file type though).

They are all readable by DVD architect and it says in the help option that those file extensions are ok, and as i said earlier all play fine in the preview.

Im not sure if this affects things as i thought when 'preparing' it encoded all video to the format needed.