VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello everyone,

I'm sorry if this subject has been covered time and time again, but I'd appreciate your help. I'm new to taking movies and burning them on to CD/DVDs

I've shot a digital camcorder movie whilst on vacation in America and the movie is in PAL format. I've downloaded it into Pinnacle Studio 8, added transitions and stills and have saved the movie as an AVI file.

I've burnt a SVCD version and a DVD version which both work great but I'd like to send a copy to my friends in America. What's the best way to do it, please??

I have access to a DVD burner, Pinnacle Studio 8 and Ulead MediaStudio 7. I've confused with frame rates, colour palettes and cross standard formats but am I right in thinking it sounds more complicated than it is??

MediaStudio says NTSC is 29 frames per second but I've also heard of 23 frames per second - which do they use?? As it's a home movie, will Regions come into play??

Given the range of software above and a DVD burner that will burn DVDs or SVCDs, what is your recommended way of overcoming this problem.

Thanks for your help guys.

Barry
    Quote Quote  
  2. What you need is this guide here
    Quote Quote  
  3. Looks good to me, many thanks for the swift reply
    Quote Quote