VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Bought an A06 today and installed it in my ASUS P4PE machine (2.4g P4, XP Professional). The drive was able to read and install the packaged software - Ulead/Nero suite but would not read anything or recognize blank media therafter. After reading other posts, I installed the latest Adaptec ASPI drivers and upgraded firmware from 1.05 to 1.07, unloaded Nero, swapped in my old plextor CD-RW and then re-installed the Pioneer.

The Pioneer will not read anything. I am beginning to think the drive is defective but thought I would ask whether anyone has had similar issues before I give up and make the exchange.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. sounds to me like youve ****ed it up.
    and anyways if you return it,they can check as to what firmware there is on the drive.
    reflash it with the 1.07 firmware,uninstall the crappy ulead/nero suite,reinstall the drive,and then install nero 6.
    if it doesnt work.RMA it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by MeTaLgEaRsOoTy
    sounds to me like youve ****ed it up.
    Maybe so . . but I fail to see that by following the installation instructions provided with the drive I assume any responsibility for its failure to operate.

I ran InfoTool from the nero site and it reported correct firmware level and drive speeds but the drive still would not recognize any blank media or software CD's. It made a slight chirping sound as it tried to read so I am convinced that it has a mechanical problem.

Anyhoo, the drive is going back for exchange if they have any left in stock (they were on sale and I got one of the last two on the shelf).
    Quote Quote