VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. As you may know from my previous posts, I had a Panny E80 in the shop due to heat problems and they replaced it with a new unit manufactured in June of this year..... But now, dear people, i'm trying hi speed dubbing from the hdd to a dvr and sure enough, as i've read here, the damn thing shuts down then goes into recover mode... interesting thing is... when it comes back to life, there was NO data written to the dvd blank! There's a clue!! So, before I really just haul off and take a sledge hammer to this thing.... anyone have any construtive information on this problem??? In advance, my thanks..... Gerry
    And thanks for the correction on the title!! Appreciate it!!! Gerry
    Quote Quote  
  2. Yes. Change posts subject. "Ok.... I'm Really Pissed off now!" is very vague.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi coolb69!

Maybe you can find some answers to your problems at this place:

http://thewholewideweb.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=13

Zoran
    Quote Quote  
  4. Maybe sucky media, what media is it? Try media suggested for your unit, not just any kind.

Also don't put it in an entertainment center, it needs air circulation it has a fan in the back, right?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Very nice of you guys to take the time to help on this. As to the question of what discs i'm using, non issue, i'm using Ritek G03's and 04's. My original E80 allowed me to do 'high speed dubbing' onto a dvd-r with no problems, now this replacement machine throws up on it. Interesting though, if i put in a dvd-ram disc it does the high speed without a glitch, so what gives??? The first machine, other than the heat problem, did this with no problems whatsoever...... hmmmmmmmmmmm.. Gerry
    Quote Quote  
  6. One other thing i got from the other forum... the Riteks will 'dub' with NO errors using the 'fr' in the dubbing mode, which to my mind discounts the idea that the Riteks are 'fickel'. why on earth would the high speed NOT dub on that particular disc but in 'fr' mode it dubs without a hitch??? Gerry
    Quote Quote  
  7. hey pard...
    my DMR-E80 H did the exact same thing on the same day....
    i was using dvd-r's i'd bought off a girl on ebay....
    when i would try to burn from my HDD..or off a video..
    it would run for a few seconds then say bye! and go into recovery..
    after awhile and about ten of these disks later...
    I put a sony disk in that i had left...and it recorded as good as ever off the hdd.....so that is the problem damn dumb disks....this machine is touchy about what you feed it....LOL....Later...Londy
    Quote Quote  
  8. Agreed with above.

When I use Optodisc, it is hit or miss with the exact same problem.
    Ritek seems to be handled well.

PS. As you probably are aware, these machines are extremely touchy. I noticed that if for any reason you touched the recording side of the disk or if there is the slightest bit of dirt or fingerprint on it, it would give you the same error.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Ah.... this is starting to get good boys! Because tonight i tried a 'leda' blank using high speed dub on a program that's less than an hour long... you see, with the first E80 i recorded everything onto the hdd in xp, and believe it or not, i used to be able to 'high speed' the dub onto a dvd r EVEN when the program was longer than an hour... so tonight i'm scouring through the manual and on page 15 lower left second from the bottom i quote... "When dubbing content stored on the hdd, the contents are AUTOMATICALLY adjusted to fit on a 4.7 gb dvd-ram or r disc. BUT you must (i think, i have to wait until this 'highspeed dub' i'm doing right now is done,) go to 'FR' from the Function menu and set it up to do 'fr' recording using a Time frame, and i think on my original panny, i DID go into this and changed it to like 2hrs. 20 min or something like that!!!!!!! So that might be the way to make an XP recording on the hdd AUTOMATICALLY 'FR' down to a blank dvdr!! Neat eh??? Or maybe my earlier machine was just a fluke and i'm really mental!!!! )) Gerry
    Quote Quote