VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i need help looking for a dvd burner im looking for the best support +_rw and the cheapest i was thinking of getting NEC ND-1300A 4X DVD±R/±RW DRIVE INT EIDE DRIVE for 160 but when they say bare drive does that mean i have to get my own jumper cable and eide cables and drivers. thanks for ure help in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. A bare drive is just what it says.

So to answer your question, yes, it is just the drive. You hafta download all the drivers, cables, etc, etc.

$160 aint a bad deal, go for it.
    THIS has been an RVL123 production...
    Quote Quote  
  3. alright now i have a few problems they dont ship outside us and im in canada and i only have a 800mhz 64mb ram so is this expectable for burning dvds i have captured and burned to svcd before and turned out great. PLZZ HELP
    Quote Quote  
  4. You may want to get more RAM.

800Mhz should be enough.

Dunno about ur shipping problem m8.
    THIS has been an RVL123 production...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Buy some more ram, it's dirt cheap these days. The NEC ND-1300a drive is a good drive at a bargain price IMO.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Be aware that if it's a bare drive it won't have any software for burning DVDs. You'll need to buy something yourself or use free software, that may affect your entire purchase price. When I got my bare drive I already had EZ CD Creator Platinum 5 for DVD-Data, but I found that it would not burn DVD-Video at all. For DVD-Video I bought an OEM copy of Nero Express from www.softwareoutlets.com for $8. Unfortunately they no longer sell the OEM Nero Express there (last I checked - they may have it again).
    Philbiker
    Quote Quote