VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Strange quirk in TMPGEnc 12a... I tried encoding a movie at work after hours. The movie was about 1-1/2 hours long. When I got back to work the next morning, it was still encoding even though the preview was blank... and it showed a position time of over 4 hours!!! I stopped the encoding and tried watching the movie. Sure enough, it was encoded correctly but after the credits ended it just kept going. Just hours of blank screen.
    I thought it was a total fluke until this morning. I set TMPGEnc 12f to encode another 1-1/2 hour movie last night but woke up to find out it had errored during the night, so I set up 12a to encode instead. 2 hours later I checked on it and it shows a time postition of 00:15:25, a remaining time of 54 hours and a progress of 3%! If I can do my math correctly, the progress should be 16-17%. I'm pretty sure that this means that the encoding will continue after the end of the movie... again. Both are divx movies. Has this happened to anyone else? And does anyone know what to do about it?

Brute666
    "Now with MORE evil!"
    Quote Quote  
  2. Well let it encode a ways after the movie you tmpeg and hit file and mpeg tools then you can just cut out the movie part of it and encode it if you mean there is no movie at all this seems to be a problem with a lot of files I try to encode with tmpeg it is still a good program but my suggestion is mgi video wave 4 when ever tmpeg lets you down mgi will pick you right up the killer combo.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yeah. I know how to cut off the extra at the end, but I was really more interested with why TMPGEnc thinks the movie keeps going. The prog thinks there are 767,714 frames in it but it's closer to 175,00. Where does the prog get the frame info from?

Brute66
    Quote Quote