VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. For fifty would go and have them silkscreen. Or look into doing the screening myself. My need are modest and would do possibly no more than 2 to 4 a week. 5 to 10 a day and would go with a printer.

The inkjet is a good full disk solution. Actualy if done right makes sense. I cant figure why Epson, HP, Cannon etc have not released a printer for both paper and CD. Would also be greate to do PC board for etching also. Basically handle a flat surface that cant bend so to speak. Oh well.

The thing that get me is no cost effective solution for the average joe. For small runs the current crop of inkjet cd printer make sense for run of 50 or more a week. But 4 to 5 a week or less not cost effencent.

If it hold. Will look into blank sheets I can run through a plotter and have it cut out the lettering/graphics, weed it and apply like a vinyl sign.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Interesting enough, my dvd burner is the sony dru500a and my primary cd burner is the yamaha f1 tatoo drive. This is more or less a novelty drive. The Disc Tattoo feature is limited to the underside of the disc and only in the left over burn space you didn't use. Baisically little to none. This is without the fact the feature itself does not produce the greates results. Its difficult to see the resulting tattoo. If it was not for the fact I picked this drive up for $30 it would not be worth the doh. As for burning the yamaha drives have always been high quality drives, plus they have huge buffers so I have never burned a bad disc.

I have labeled all my dvd's with neato labels. I have not had any problems playing them in my set top players, laptop or desktop players.

Ed
    Quote Quote  
  3. Basiacly for most media avaiable today like you said is hard to see the marks it can make. The "specific" media they list has a contras like the older 1x-2x media when burn. If they had a top coat thermal media that would react to a laser would be greate. Kind of like the thermal tape sales recept you get. Burn the disk then flip over to do the label.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've been using Casio's CW-50 title printer for a few months now. Its a thermal printer, which is more durable that ink-jet and can be used to print on almost any media. I haven't found a CD-R or DVD-R that I couldn't print on.

I owned a Primera Inscripta Thermal Printer that was great for high volume jobs, but for personal use the Casio is perfect.

The Casio's can be had for under $100.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Been really considering that unit. It would fit well with my needs. Dont need to do a 100% label just a simple text and maybe a small graphic. Have read the threads here and looked at all of the reviews on the net about it. Basicaly positive.

The only concern is access to replacement cartridges.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I bought this CD labeling kit and I was wondering if it was good? It pasted it onto my CD-Rs and they work fine. I'm wondering how they unpeel automatically? And, my CD labels are made of paper (the kit was cheap). Does anyone know how the professionals make those smoooth DVD labels on the disc?!
    Quote Quote  
  7. If you mean a purchased style disk they usualy silkscreen the lable on.
    Quote Quote