VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have made a 576i exact field ordered DVD and played it back on my PAL DVD player in Britain to a PAL CRT TV, and with a phototransistor and Arduino (which expects exactly 50Hz), I can read each of the fields correctly, they are showing white (on) or black (off) at the exact correct times. That's all good.

I am planning to send this to someone in North America, who I hope will be able to use their equipment - CRT TV: Hinari Sunrise TVA1 (Samsung tube) and DVD Player: Panasonic SA-HT790V - To read the same 50Hz field order (and timing).

How likely is that to work? To be clear, I need for them to be able to read the fields in the exact same order and at the same timing of 50Hz. The things i'm worried about are:

1. Even though the Hinari Sunrise TVA1 looks like a PAL TV (To be honest I don't know what the Samsung Tube part is about), I don't know how PAL TVs behave being powered in North America - I assume the power supply will be using AC at 60Hz and that might determine the frame/field rate, instead of being powered by 50Hz AC like in the UK (Another assumption is that they have an adequate 110/120v Supply).

2. The DVD player is definitely NTSC, the manual says so, how will that affect matters? I can burn the DVD again with DVDStyler and set it to NTSC, but I'm pretty sure my DVD player (LG DVC8700) behaves the same when I burn an NTSC version or PAL version, so I'm not sure how it will change things in NA.

Any help appreciated.
    Last edited by matalog; 1st Oct 2024 at 18:09.
    Quote Quote