VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. 1x_BleedOut_Compact_300k_net_g.onnx is placed in folder next to mlrt_ncnn.dll. Not sure if it's not like the placing or the file itself.

Code:
    LoadPlugin("M:\edit\MeGUI-6666.2308_x64\tools\ffms\ffms2.dll")
    FFVideoSource("E:\VR.5\SAMPLE\video\05-5D[JP]+.avi", fpsnum=30000, fpsden=1001, threads=1, colorspace="YUV420P8")
    ConvertBits(32)
    ConvertToPlanarRGB()
    LoadPlugin("M:\edit\MeGUI-6666.2308_x64\tools\avs\plugins64\mlrt_ncnn.dll")
    mlrt_ncnn(network_path="1x_BleedOut_Compact_300k_net_g.onnx")
    # assuming 8bit 4:2:0 output
    ConvertBits(8)
    ConverttoYv12()
    [Attachment 81984 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. Have you tried using an absolute path?
    Or create a 'models' folder next to the dll and put the model in it?
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  3. If you specify a path that is not in the same location as the plugin , use builtin=False

Code:
    - builtin\
        Whether the models are in the same location with the plugin.\
        Default: True.
    I use absolute path, with builtin=False for the avs version
    Quote Quote  
  4. It's loading with 'models' folder next to the dll BIG thanks, Selur!
    Now will try it out.
    And one more question about this "model" thing - is there any parameters can be adjusted, or it only works as is?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by cinephil View Post
    And one more question about this "model" thing - is there any parameters can be adjusted, or it only works as is?

You cannot change the output of a specific model directly. You can only change the model (or train a different one)

Indirectly, you can composite versions (eg. overlay with opacity %, perhaps with original, or different versions) , and or use pre/post filtering to modulate the outcome
    Quote Quote  
  6. Also be aware that most of these models are spatial only filters (no temporal influence), so depending on input and the model used you can get temporal instabilities.
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  7. Did someone run in this behaviour of MeGui(x64) - that it don't show in the preview window actual colors from the script? In MeGui(x32) I was able to see picture that correspond to the output file, but in MeGui(x64) preview and output don't match anymore
    [Attachment 81989 - Click to enlarge]

Code:
    LoadPlugin("M:\edit\MeGUI-6666.2308_x64\tools\avs\plugins64\ffms2.dll")
    FFVideoSource("E:\VR.5\SAMPLE\video\05-5D[JP]+.avi")
    ColorYUV(gamma_y=-35, cont_y=48, gain_y=-10, off_y=0) #adjust gamma and contrast
    Tweak(bright=16, coring=false)  #adjust brightness
    Tweak(Sat=1.2, startHue=80, endHue=135) # "red" pixels (boost up)
    Tweak(Sat=1.2, startHue=325, endHue=15) # "blue" pixels (boost up)
    ConvertBits(8)
    ConvertToYV12()
    Also FFMS2(x64) acts kind of different from what it was in AviSynth2.5.8(x32).

In AviSynth2.5.8(x32) I runned script like this:
    Code:
    LoadPlugin("M:\edit\MeGUI-2944-32\tools\ffms\ffms2.dll")
    FFVideoSource("M:\edit\SAMPLE\video\05-5D[JP]+.avi")
    ColorYUV(gamma_y=-35, cont_y=48, gain_y=-10, off_y=0) #adjust gamma and contrast
    and have correct preview and no warnings that color space incorrect.

But with MeGUI-6666.2308_x64 and AviSynthPlus 20230715 3.7.3 if I run internal FFMS2 from AVS script creator, then I getting this in the script:
    Code:
    LoadPlugin("M:\edit\MeGUI-6666.2308_x64\tools\ffms\ffms2.dll")
    FFVideoSource("E:\VR.5\SAMPLE\video\05-5D[JP]+.avi", fpsnum=30000, fpsden=1001, threads=1, colorspace="YUV420P8")
    And if I use external plugin, like this:
    Code:
    then is ask-
    [Attachment 81990 - Click to enlarge]

But niether way preview don't match end result.
    Quote Quote  
  8. The difference between the two images is a matter of luma levels: full vs. limited. Check to see if the videos have the levels flagged. Check to see if the encoders are flagging the levels. And whether the players/editors are following the levels flag.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    ...following the levels flag...
    It seems like nowhere, not in the video, not in the encoder or player is not set(or forced) levels flag.
    --------------
    But anyway I was able to make some test with BleedOut_Compact_300k and MergeChroma/aWarpSharp2.

MergeChroma/aWarpSharp2 - works fast and result looks good.
    Code:
    AddAutoloadDir("M:\edit\MeGUI-2944-32\tools\avs\plugins")
    ConvertToYV12()
    FFT3DFilter(sigma=0.3, plane=0, bw=16, bh=16, ow=8, oh=8, ncpu=4, sharpen=0.6, interlaced=true) # Y - noise reduction+sharp
    FFT3DFilter(sigma=0.7, plane=3, bw=16, bh=16, ow=8, oh=8, ncpu=4, sharpen=0.9, interlaced=true) #UV - noise reduction+sharp
    SeparateFields() 
    MergeChroma(last, Spline36Resize(width/2, height).aWarpSharp2(depth=30).nnedi3_rpow2(2, cshift="Spline36Resize", fwidth=width, fheight=height))
    Weave()
    [Attachment 82043 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 82044 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 82045 - Click to enlarge]

BleedOut_Compact_300k - works slow (like 3 times slower), but result looks better. Although the picture has some tint (bluish?) on it (especially noticeable in the end titles).
    Code:
    LoadPlugin("M:\edit\MeGUI-6666.2308_x64\tools\avs\plugins64\fft3dfilter.dll")
    FFT3DFilter(sigma=0.3, plane=0, bw=16, bh=16, ow=8, oh=8, ncpu=4, sharpen=0.6, interlaced=true) # Y - noise reduction+sharp
    FFT3DFilter(sigma=0.7, plane=3, bw=16, bh=16, ow=8, oh=8, ncpu=4, sharpen=0.9, interlaced=true) #UV - noise reduction+sharp
    ConvertBits(32)
    ConvertToPlanarRGB()
    ConvertBits(8) # assuming 8bit 4:2:0 output
    ConverttoYv12() # assuming 8bit 4:2:0 output
    Tweak(Sat=1.1, startHue=325, endHue=15) # "blue" pixels (boost up)
    [Attachment 82047 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 82046 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 82048 - Click to enlarge]

There is still some ghosts left. But fighting with them - guess I will lose more picture details than gain.
    ----------------------

And more to the colors -> Is it typical that Histogram looks like this after YUV->RGB->YUV conversion? Don't I lose too much information?

YUV (after MergeChroma/aWarpSharp2 script)
    [Attachment 82050 - Click to enlarge]

YUV->RGB->YUV (after BleedOut_Compact_300k script)
    [Attachment 82051 - Click to enlarge]
    Last edited by cinephil; 8th Sep 2024 at 12:06.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by cinephil View Post
    BleedOut_Compact_300k - works slow (like 3 times slower), but result looks better. Although the picture has some tint (bluish?) on it (especially noticeable in the end titles).
    It's quite common for some models to sometimes shift the colors slightly. You can make small adjustment

And more to the colors -> Is it typical that Histogram looks like this after YUV->RGB->YUV conversion? Don't I lose too much information?

Banding in histogram (y waveform) is from manipulation of levels in 8bit . The 1st mergechroma script has banding too after only coloryuv/tweak are used and there are breaks in the histogram. The difference is because FFT3DFilter is applied afterwards and smooths the result (if you comment out the FFT3DFilter(s) , you will see similar banding result in the waveform in the mergechroma script)

What some some people do are color correct/manipulate a higher bit depths , dither on the down conversion

Also, I would IVTC beforehand for progressive filters like avs-mlrt. You can re-interlace later if you need to . The quality difference might be minimal on this type of lower quality source but there would be significant differences visible on higher quality sources. Similarly, the YUV/RGB conversions are mixed up between progressive and interlaced. e.g. ConvertToYV12 should be interlaced=true , if interlaced. Same with RGB conversions with interlaced=true vs. false. Or else you will be prone to chroma artifact errors, including chroma ghosting, notching artifacts (less visible on low quality sources)
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Or else you will be prone to chroma artifact errors, including chroma ghosting, notching artifacts (less visible on low quality sources)
    e.g.

No IVTC , progressive RGB conversion + Bleedout, (IVTC after for display screenshot). Notice the chroma notched ghosting artifacts on the dropped cup. Basically anything with motion will have these type of issues because the chroma is treated as progressive, when it's actually still in organized in fields (interlaced)
    [Attachment 82053 - Click to enlarge]

IVTC + Bleedout
    [Attachment 82054 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    It's quite common for some models to sometimes shift the colors slightly. You can make small adjustment
    I kinda suck with colors... I manage the picture look somewhat good with ColorYUV/Tweak. But how to get rid of that tint and don't ruin everything that was in good balance?

Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Banding in histogram (y waveform) is from manipulation of levels in 8bit . The 1st mergechroma script has banding too after only coloryuv/tweak are used and there are breaks in the histogram. The difference is because FFT3DFilter is applied afterwards and smooths the result (if you comment out the FFT3DFilter(s) , you will see similar banding result in the waveform in the mergechroma script)

What some some people do are color correct/manipulate a higher bit depths , dither on the down conversion
    I see...

The problem is - if I make ColorYUV/Tweak before convert to RGB, then the result looks like as if I didn't do it at all.
    Code:
    Tweak(Sat=1.1, startHue=325, endHue=15) # "blue" pixels (boost up)
    ConvertBits(32)
    ConvertToPlanarRGB(interlaced=true)
    SeparateFields() 
    Weave()
    ConvertBits(8) # assuming 8bit 4:2:0 output
    ConverttoYv12(interlaced=true) # assuming 8bit 4:2:0 output
    [Attachment 82086 - Click to enlarge]

Also, I would IVTC beforehand for progressive filters like avs-mlrt. You can re-interlace later if you need to . The quality difference might be minimal on this type of lower quality source but there would be significant differences visible on higher quality sources. Similarly, the YUV/RGB conversions are mixed up between progressive and interlaced. e.g. ConvertToYV12 should be interlaced=true , if interlaced. Same with RGB conversions with interlaced=true vs. false. Or else you will be prone to chroma artifact errors, including chroma ghosting, notching artifacts (less visible on low quality sources)
    I didn't pay attention to it. Thanks!

Video had some parts with true 29.97fps (without 3:2 pull down). In this example - the first part (with computer generated images) without pull down, and the second part is with pull down. Don't know if I managed to save it correctly with all this conversions and SeparateFields/Weave process.
    [Attachment 82087 - Click to enlarge]
    [Attachment 82088 - Click to enlarge]
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by cinephil View Post

I kinda suck with colors... I manage the picture look somewhat good with ColorYUV/Tweak. But how to get rid of that tint and don't ruin everything that was in good balance?
    "Good balance" is debatable, even among colorists. Often scenes are graded a certain way, purposely "unbalanced" - and there is a lot of subjectivity...

The problem is if you were happy with the color of main content with the current filters - if you shift something one way, the other scenes will also be affected (eg. if it was only the text/credits) . You can divide up the scenes and apply different filters if you need to . Some would question why are using that model for black and white titles in the first place? Divide it up and use appropriate filters. e.g. Greyscale() . You don't need all those filters or slow processing - and rainbows are perfectly taken care of

Personally I would do the color work in resolve - you have far more control. But for a not too close approximation for some of the other scenes in avs, try smoothtweak(hue1=-1)

The problem is - if I make ColorYUV/Tweak before convert to RGB, then the result looks like as if I didn't do it at all.

Again, any time you adjust levels in 8bit, you're prone to banding and waveform breaks . The only reason the other mergechroma script looks "clean" on the waveform is the denoising. For the mlrt script, you can move the filters after mlrt_ncnn , FFT3DFilter too , but it will probably be too blurry - you'd probably have to adjust the settings . Another option is to add noise /grain to cover up the gaps (probably not what you want to do)

The reason people make color adjustments at higher bit depth isn't just because of higher precision and more accuracy - the down conversion and dithering "fills" the gaps in the waveform

Video had some parts with true 29.97fps (without 3:2 pull down). In this example - the first part (with computer generated images) without pull down, and the second part is with pull down. Don't know if I managed to save it correctly with all this conversions and SeparateFields/Weave process.

FFT3DFilter with your settings has a default of bt=3 - so it's using temporal mode 1 before, 1 current, 1 after

The problem with separatefields processing is you get contamination of even and odd fields. Even/odd scanlines are vertically displaced and not spatially aligned - so you will get less ideal results (probably less important with low quality blurry sources, but definitely worse results on higher quality content)

If you use separatefields with grouped even vs. group odd fields processing, you don't get consecutive temporal filtering - this can cause a type of flicker because you don't get filtering between even and odd scanlines

Also with "23.976p" content telecined to 59.94 fields/sec , there are repeated fields. Temporal filters are less effective with repeats

For mlrt - you will get better results on a full progressive frame, than a half frame (field) using separatefields, because you're giving the model only half the data. For this type of model operation like color bleeding, the full picture as input is better - it's easy to test this and demonstrate. This is why you should IVTC the film content.

You can divide up the script into segments to use different filters . You can re-interlace or add back hard pulldown to those sections you IVTCed later if you need to, or keep it VFR with timecodes

Some of the aformentioned problems not not be that visible on low quality sources (some of them will be , such as the interlaced vs. progressive chroma errors, and this type of model processing with fields instead of full progressive frames), you decide what tradeoffs you want to make
    Quote Quote  
  14. poisondeathray - thanks for explaining the options available.
    Quote Quote  
  15. I trying to make some adjustments using SmoothAdjust instead of ColorYUV/Tweak, and when adding brigthness parameter - MeGUI crashes when loading the script. But the script loaded just fine with gamma and contrast parameters.
    Does anyone know what is the problem here?
    Code:
    FFVideoSource("E:\VR.5\SAMPLE\video\05-5D[JP]+X.avi")
    FFT3DFilter(sigma=0.3, plane=0, bw=16, bh=16, ow=8, oh=8, ncpu=4, sharpen=0.6, interlaced=true)
    FFT3DFilter(sigma=0.7, plane=3, bw=16, bh=16, ow=8, oh=8, ncpu=4, sharpen=0.9, interlaced=true)
    ConvertBits(32)
    ConvertToPlanarRGB(matrix="PC.709", interlaced=true)
    SeparateFields() 
    Weave()
    ConvertBits(8) 
    ConverttoYv12(matrix="PC.709", interlaced=true)
    LoadPlugin("M:\edit\MeGUI-6666.2308_x64\tools\avs\plugins64\SmoothAdjust.dll")
    SmoothLevels(gamma=0.6)
    Smoothtweak(contrast=1.8)
    Smoothtweak(brigthness=-5)
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by cinephil View Post
    I trying to make some adjustments using SmoothAdjust instead of ColorYUV/Tweak, and when adding brigthness parameter - MeGUI crashes when loading the script. But the script loaded just fine with gamma and contrast parameters.
    Does anyone know what is the problem here?
    Code:
    FFVideoSource("E:\VR.5\SAMPLE\video\05-5D[JP]+X.avi")
    FFT3DFilter(sigma=0.3, plane=0, bw=16, bh=16, ow=8, oh=8, ncpu=4, sharpen=0.6, interlaced=true)
    FFT3DFilter(sigma=0.7, plane=3, bw=16, bh=16, ow=8, oh=8, ncpu=4, sharpen=0.9, interlaced=true)
    ConvertBits(32)
    ConvertToPlanarRGB(matrix="PC.709", interlaced=true)
    SeparateFields() 
    Weave()
    ConvertBits(8) 
    ConverttoYv12(matrix="PC.709", interlaced=true)
    LoadPlugin("M:\edit\MeGUI-6666.2308_x64\tools\avs\plugins64\SmoothAdjust.dll")
    SmoothLevels(gamma=0.6)
    Smoothtweak(contrast=1.8)
    Smoothtweak(brigthness=-5)

"brightness" is spelled incorrectly - but that shouldn't elicit a crash - it should print an error message related to that such as no argument named "brigthness"

Open the script in mpchc x64 or vdub2 x64 to preview - it might be a more diagnostic error message
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    "brightness" is spelled incorrectly
    Indeed! But that way it was in the wiki and readme -
    Code:
    SmoothTweak - General Settings
        brigthness [default: 0]
        -----------------------
         -255...0 = decrease the brigthness
         0...+255 = increase the brigthness
    But it work with "brightness". THANKS again!

but that shouldn't elicit a crash - it should print an error message related to that such as no argument named "brigthness"
    For some reason MeGUI-6666.2308_x64 usually don't do error messages, it just crashed (at least in my Win10x64).
    Quote Quote  
  18. Where can I obtain RemoveGrain v1.0pre 64 bit to try out LSFmod ?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by cinephil View Post
    Where can I obtain RemoveGrain v1.0pre 64 bit to try out LSFmod ?
    RgTools should replace all RemoveGrain versions . "or up" means "or newer"

https://github.com/pinterf/RgTools/releases

Note that the original LSFMod only supported YV12 (8bit 4:2:0) . There are updated LSFMod versions that support other pixel formats, higher bit depths, such as this one from realfinder
    https://github.com/realfinder/AVS-Stuff/blob/master/avs%202.5%20and%20up/LSFmod.avsi

or Dogway' s LSFPlus
    https://github.com/Dogway/Avisynth-Scripts/blob/master/MIX%20mods/LSFplus.avsi

LSFMod or any derivative should be used on progressive input.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    RgTools should replace all RemoveGrain versions . "or up" means "or newer"
    OK. Maybe my problem with the LSFmod (v2.193) itself. When I try to load it - MeGUI-6666.2308_x64 crashes. I have RgTools-v1.2.7(x64) and masktools2_v2.2.30 (x64).
    Code:
    FFVideoSource("E:\VR.5\SAMPLE\video\05-5D[JP]-01.avi")
    ConvertBits(32)
    ConvertToPlanarRGB(matrix="Rec709", interlaced=true)
    SeparateFields()
    LoadPlugin("M:\edit\MeGUI-6666.2308_x64\tools\avs\plugins64\RgTools.dll")
    LoadPlugin("M:\edit\MeGUI-6666.2308_x64\tools\avs\plugins64\masktools2.dll")
    LoadPlugin("M:\edit\MeGUI-6666.2308_x64\tools\avs\plugins64\LSFmod.avsi")
    #LSFmod(defaults="slow", ss_x=1, ss_y=1)
    #LoadPlugin("M:\edit\MeGUI-6666.2308_x64\tools\avs\plugins64\mlrt_ncnn.dll")
    #mlrt_ncnn(network_path="1x_BleedOut_Compact_300k_net_g.onnx")
    Weave()
    ConvertBits(8)
    ConverttoYv12(matrix="Rec709", interlaced=true)
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by cinephil View Post

OK. Maybe my problem with the LSFmod (v2.193) itself. When I try to load it - MeGUI-6666.2308_x64 crashes. I have RgTools-v1.2.7(x64) and masktools2_v2.2.30 (x64).
    Load the script in avspmod x64, vdub2 x64, or mpchc x64. You need a diagnostic error message, which that megui branch does not apparently give
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Load the script in avspmod x64, vdub2 x64, or mpchc x64. You need a diagnostic error message, which that megui branch does not apparently give
    Not sure if I done it correctly, but here is how it looks in vdub2 x64 (without any error messages):
    [Attachment 82226 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  23. Not the vdub2 script editor. Drop and drag the .avs onto the vdub2 GUI
    Quote Quote  
  24. Do not use LoadPlugin for .avsi files ; LoadPlugin is only for .dll files

For LSFmod.avsi, it should autoload if placed in the plugins directory, or use Import() for .avs (or .avsi files)
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    For LSFmod.avsi, it should autoload if placed in the plugins directory, or use Import() for .avs (or .avsi files)
    Hmmm... vdub2 gives the same error with both variants
    Quote Quote  
  26. make sure you save the script with the changes ( comment out line 15, save it with a new name) then re-open the resaved script
    Quote Quote  
  27. Open LSFMod.avsi in notepad / or a text editor - does it look like a script or HTML web page ? ie. did you save it correctly or download a webpage ? This is a common mistake when downloading scripts from github
    Quote Quote  
  28. This MeGUI-6666.2308_x64 is too glitchy

I tried older version and it gives me more info:
    Code:
    LoadPlugin("M:\edit\MeGUI.x64-6666.1405\tools\avs\plugins64\ffms2.dll")
    #FFVideoSource("E:\VR.5\SAMPLE\video\video-film.avi")
    #FFVideoSource("E:\VR.5\SAMPLE\video\03-Sisters[JP].avi")
    #crop(6, 0, -8, 0)
    ConvertBits(32)
    ConvertToPlanarRGB(matrix="Rec709", interlaced=true)
    SeparateFields()
    LoadPlugin("M:\edit\MeGUI.x64-6666.1405\tools\avs\plugins64\RgTools.dll")
    LoadPlugin("M:\edit\MeGUI.x64-6666.1405\tools\avs\plugins64\masktools2.dll")
    Import("M:\edit\MeGUI.x64-6666.1405\tools\avs\plugins64\LSFmod.avsi")
    LSFmod(defaults="slow", ss_x=1, ss_y=1)
    #LoadPlugin("M:\edit\MeGUI.x64-6666.1405\tools\avs\plugins64\mlrt_ncnn.dll")
    #mlrt_ncnn(network_path="1x_BleedOut_Compact_300k_net_g.onnx")
    Weave()
    ConvertBits(8)
    ConverttoYv12(matrix="Rec709", interlaced=true)
    [Attachment 82228 - Click to enlarge]

Open LSFMod.avsi in notepad / or a text editor - does it look like a script or HTML web page ? ie. did you save it correctly or download a webpage ? This is a common mistake when downloading scripts from github
    I guess it looks like script:
    [Attachment 82229 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  29. Do you have avs+ installed, or is it a "portable" version with megui ? That might be why vdub2 doesn't work for you

For AvsPlusVersionNumber, download Zs_RF_Shared
    https://github.com/realfinder/AVS-Stuff/blob/master/avs%202.5%20and%20up/Zs_RF_Shared.avsi
    Quote Quote