VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi -

I was hoping for some guidance on how to correct the aggressive rainbow effect seen in this clip? I noticed some ringing too but I can let that slide.

Based on the attached clip, is an IVTC the proper way to process the material?

FYI - I have been using Hybrid to work on this video.

Thanks in advance.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. If BasicVSR++ is an option, using TIVTC, DotKill, RainbowSmooth and BasicVSR++ (script: https://pastebin.com/kzXd7DKf) seems to work fine. (I especially like the antialiasing BasicVSR++ does on this clip.)

Cu Selur
    Image Attached Files
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  3. Wow that is a nice result!

I had to look up what BasicVSR++ is because I hadn't heard of it before. It appears I can install the dev version of Hybrid from your Google Drive and set it up though. I am having trouble finding the exact Nvidia GPU requirements, I only have an older GTX 980 ti, would that work?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Certainly not as nice as Selur's, but perhaps a bit simpler, you may want to try something along the line
    Code:
    v=LWLibavVideoSource("Harvey Birdman.mpg")
    chroma = v.checkmate(thr=12,max=25,tthr2=25)
    luma   = v.checkmate(thr=12,max=25,tthr2=0)
    luma.MergeChroma(chroma)
    TFM().TDecimate()
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  5. I only have an older GTX 980 ti, would that work?
    It might, but it will probably be too slow to be useful, but you can give it a try.
    Worst case you downloaded a lot of stuff and it doesn't work.

Certainly not as nice as Selur's, but perhaps a bit simpler, you may want to try something along the line
    I would add some dehalo (YAHR with 32) and some antialiasing (<- this will be the tricky part).

Cu Selur

Ps.: conventional: https://pastebin.com/ag9DTxbt, sadly no idea for good aa.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by Selur; 22nd Aug 2024 at 10:36.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thank you both for the additional thoughts and suggestions, I might need to go the more traditional route. I tried running the BasicVSR++ filter and got the following error message in the logs.

Hybrid seems to detect my GPU and shows those additional filters being available when I start the application. Wondering if perhaps I don't have a setting correct? I noticed I can't preview the video when I have BasicVSR++ enabled either.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	error.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	81731  

Quote Quote  
  7. That error says nothing, which shouldn't be surprising since it's from a log what starts with:
    This log is only intended for user information. It should not be part of a bug/problem report!!
    (read: https://www.selur.de/support)
    Before trying to encode, best try the Vapoursynth Preview, if that fails encoding won't work either.
    Also, since you only have 6GB VRAM (or less), while using "Filtering->Vapoursynth->Other->BasicVSR++" you will need to use tiling to even have a change to get it working.
    (maybe: https://github.com/HolyWu/vs-basicvsrpp/issues/12 helps to understand tiling)

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  8. Sorry about including that log screenshot, I saw that message at the beginning but didn't have any other error messages to work from. I appreciate you linking me the proper way to get a debug output though.

Ah that is very helpful, this AI filtering is all very new to me. I will read that information over and see if I am able to achieve a good result by using tiling on this old GPU. Worst case, you both gave me some traditional methods that improve upon the original pretty significantly. Thanks again!
    Quote Quote